Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 8 of 83 1486 Records Found

Bridge Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from Grapes Corner, the junction of Lichfield Road, Bailey Street and Newport Road. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Herbert Chatfield occupied the house behind the shops, which were probably owned by his family. Shops include Julia's Bake Shop. The building was demolished shortly afterwards and the building which ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Bridge Street, close to Green Bridge, looking towards the town centre. The clock tower belongs to the Royal Brine Baths, built in 1892. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade to dry their ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Postcard published by Valentine & Sons Ltd., Dundee and London. Postmarked 24 February 1907.

Bridge Street, Stafford

A wintry scene at the junction of Bridge Street and Newport Road, Stafford, around Christmas 1978. On the left is the Grapes public house and the large multi-storey building on the right is Stafford Borough ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Watercolour painting by an unknown artist. A view of Bridge Street, looking north towards Greengate Street. Dimensions: height - 362mm, width - 292mm

Bridge Street, Stafford

The Picture House, opened as a cinema in 1914 and closed in 1995. It was converted into a Wetherspoon's pub and restaurant. To the left of the Picture House can be seen the 'Boppin' Dolphin' Fish and ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Looking along Bridge Street towards Greengate Street from the junction with Newport Road. The Grapes public house is on the left and the recently completed Stafford Borough Council Civic Centre can be ...

Bridge Street, Stafford,

Photograph taken from Grapes Corner, the junction of Lichfield Road, Bailey Street and Newport Road. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided ...

Bridge Street, Stafford, (1)

The public house on the left is the Grapes Hotel. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade to dry their ...

Bridgwood Street, Longton

The view north along Wharf Street towards the Tuscan China Works on Forrister Street. Wharf Street is today Bridgwood Street and the terraced houses have been replaced with modern housing. The photograph ...

British Argentine Meat Co. Ltd, Butchers, 27 Market Place, Uttoxeter

In the window is a sign saying 'Ration Advice, Register Here'. Some foods like sweets, types of fat and meat were still rationed for a number of years after the end of the Second World War. Rationing ...

Broad Eye Windmill, Stafford,

Brandon Brothers' greengrocers shop in the Broad Eye windmill. Broad Eye corn mill was built in 1796 using stones taken from the Old Town Hall (now replaced by the Shire Hall). The miller lived in ...

Broad Street Corner, Stafford,

View from Broad Street looking towards Chell Road. This photograph was taken just before these buildings were demolished. Only the Lamb Inn, the white building at the end of the row, still stands. ...

Broad Street, Stafford,

The building on the left is the Barley Mow public house, which stood on the corner of Queen Street. Just beyond the bus stop is E.A. Gosling's butchers shop. These buildings were demolished in ...

Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and ...

Broadway Roundabout. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Broadway roundabout at Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The King's Arms public house is to the left of the picture and a double decker bus can be seen coming round the ...