Theme Explorer

Page 8 of 12 212 Records Found

Springfield Lodge, Codsall Wood

Springfield Lodge, Springfield Drive. Also called Oaken Drive. The lodge was known locally as the Witches Cottage. At one time it connected the large houses of Springfield House and The Terrace, in Oaken. ...

Stafford - New Lodge to the Asylum: sepia drawing

'The New Lodge to the Asylum at Stafford,' taken from the road. Showing a one-storey building behind a perimeter wall, situated by the entrance gateway.'J. B.,' [John Buckler.]

Stafford Lodges, Sandon Hall,

Stafford Lodges and the gate to Sandon Hall. The original moated Sandon Old Hall was acquired by the Erdeswick family in 1338, but was sold to Lord Harrowby in 1776. The original building no longer ...

Stafford Lodges, Shugborough

Stafford Lodges were built in 1825 as copies of the earlier Lichfield Lodges, built and designed by Samuel Wyatt around 1805. Postcard publisher unidentified. Postmarked 25 July 1915.

Staffordshire Yeomanry at Tixall Hall

In this postcard view the Staffordshire Yeomanry are marching past Tixall Gatehouse. On the right can just be seen Tixall Hall. The Aston family from Haywood acquired the Tixall estate through marriage; ...

Station Lodge, Alton Towers

This was the main entrance to Alton Towers for visitors arriving by train. Originally called The Gate House, it became known as Station Lodge and was designed by A.W.N. Pugin in about 1849.

Stone Cemetery,

The cemetery on Stafford Road was opened on 5 September 1903.

Tamworth Castle

Tamworth Castle with Holloway Lodge in the foreground. Tamworth's Norman motte and bailey castle has over 900 years of history. From about 1101 to 1291 the castle was one of many homes to the Marmion ...

The Abbey gateway, Burton-on-Trent

View of gate posts and the lodge. A tram wire post is just visble, and a small group of people are walking with a perambulator. The lodge and posts were demolished in 1926.

The Avenue, Barlaston

The Avenue leads to Barlaston Hall. On the right is the lodge. The gated drive is now a public road named Queen Mary's Drive.

The Avenue, Barlaston,

The Avenue leads to Barlaston Hall. On the right is the lodge.

The Avenue, Barlaston,

The Avenue leads to Barlaston Hall. On the right is the lodge.

The Avenue, Coton, near Fradswell

A post card view of The Avenue by the Uttoxeter Road (B5027) at Coton, near Fradswell. The Avenue led to Fradswell Hall and on the right is the Lodge. This postcard was published by T.G. Adie & Co’s., ...

The Bottle Lodge , Tixall

Photograph of the Pepper Pot Lodge at Tixall before restoration. The Bottle Lodge or Pepperpot Lodge, and originally called Upper Lodge, Tixall. Grade II listed, this is a curious octagonal lodge ...

The Bottle Lodge and stables , Tixall

Photograph of the Bottle Lodge and stables at Tixall before restoration.

The Bottle Lodge, Tixall

Photographic postcard of the Bottle Lodge or Pepperpot Lodge, and originally called Upper Lodge, Tixall. Grade II listed, this is a curious octagonal lodge in ashlar sandstone with an ogee stone vaulted ...

The Choragic Monument to Earl Charles, Alton Towers

The Memorial to the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury was erected in about 1830 by his nephew John, the 16th Earl. It is a copy of the Choragic Monument or Monument to Lysacrates in Athens (compare with the Lanthorn ...

The Earl's Drive, Alton

Woodland scene on the Earl's Drive in the grounds of Alton Towers. Known locally as The Pink Lodge, this building is situated a quarter of a mile west of Alton Towers house. Tudor Lodge, reputed to ...