Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 8 of 10 166 Records Found

St. Michael's Hall, Stone,

St. Michael's Working Men's Club was built on Lichfield Street in 1911, after the original premises on Abbey Street became too small.

St. Michael's Hall, Stone. Photographed by William Blake.

View of St. Michael's Hall, Lichfield Road.

Stafford and District Church Federation, Walton on the Hill

Officials and members are pictured at the first annual meeting of the Stafford and District Federation of the Church of England Men’s Society (C.E.M.S.) at Walton Village Hall on Saturday 10 May. Seated ...

Stafford Bowling Club

Stafford Bowling Club members on the bowling green, Newport Road. In the background, to the left, is platform 6 of Stafford Railway Station.

Stafford Savings Committee, Stafford

Civic visitors and leaders of the local savings movement are pictured at the annual dinner and concert arranged by the Stafford Savings Committee at the Oddfellows’ Hall, Stafford. Seated left to right: ...

Staffordshire Gentlemen v. Staffordshire Police, Milford,

Staffordshire Gentlemen verses Staffordshire County Police, played at Milford Hall Cricket Club, June 1939. The match was drawn after County Police scored 259 for 6 declared (J. Whitfield 142 not out) ...

Stapenhill, Burton-upon-Trent

Stapenhill, with Waterside Community Centre, Heath Road in the foreground. This Image is from a collection of photographs of Burton upon Trent commissioned and assembled by Burton upon Trent Civic Society ...

Sutton Estate Institute, Trent Vale

The Institute was part of the Sutton Dwellings Trust estate built in Trent Vale in the late 1920s. The building was on land in between Sutton Drive, Collin Road and Harpfield Road. This photograph is ...

Tamworth Industrial Co-Operative Society produce display, Assembly rooms, Tamworth

Tamworth Town Hall

The Town Hall was built in 1700-1701, and was paid for by Thomas Guy, the MP for Tamworth. The Town Hall was initially used for civic and social functions, and so was an important building for the town. ...

The Commemoration Hall, Rolleston

The Commemoration Hall, designed by Arthur Eaton of Derby, was opened in 1897 to coincide with the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It stands on the esat side of Burnside. A lounge bar was added in ...

The Commemoration Hall, Rolleston

The Commemoration Hall (pictured left), designed by Arthur Eaton of Derby, was opened in 1897 to coincide with the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It stands on the esat side of Burnside. A lounge ...

The Constitutional Club, 149-50 High Street, Burton-on-Trent

Exterior view of the Constitutional Club in High Street, built by the post office in 1877 and was employed in that respect until 1905 when the amount of mail became too great to handle at this site, the ...

The Home Hut, Brocton Camp, Cannock Chase

These were recreational huts possibly using one of the standard sized spare huts on an available Battalion Line. They were staffed by volunteers and allowed soldiers a relaxing area in which to read a ...

The Institute and Post Office, Wheaton Aston

A view of the corner of Marston Road and High Street with the Wheaton Aston Institute and Reading Room on the left, built in 1887, and now the Village Hall. On the right is Mayland's supply store and ...

The Old Drill Hall, Victoria Street, Hednesford

The hall was built in 1894 for the South Staffordshire Territorial Army to train in. It is a low, brick-built, tiled building with a smaller building to the left. The hall has arched windows and a doorway ...

The Old Village School, Yarnfield

The Village Hall was completed in 1937 and was an extension to the existing village school building. The village school remained on this site until 1952.

The Veterans' Club, Cannock Park

A colour-tinted postcard of the Veterans' Club in Cannock Park. The park was opened in 1932, funded by The Miners' Welfare Committee but the land had been used for recreational purposes prior to this ...