Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Agricultural Outbuildings
Page 8 of 11 193 Records Found

Parkhall Farm, Cheadle

To the north of Parkhall Farm stood the medieval timber-framed moated house Park Hall which was the seat of the Bassett family. By the 17th century it belonged to the Banks family. In 1881 only the ...

Policeman on a motorcycle, Stone

A uniformed policeman on a motorcycle and sidecar combination. This photograph is believed to have been taken at the rear of Stone Police Station on Radford Street.

Policemen and motorcycle, Stone

Three uniformed policemen, a man in civilian clothing and two dogs with a motorcycle and sidecar combination. Photograph believed to have been taken at the rear of the Police Station on Radford Street, ...

Primrose Hill Farm, Hanford

The farmhouse stood on Primrose Hill in Hanford. The farmhouse and buildings have been demolished.

Ravenhill Farm, Brereton

Ravenhill Farm was situated on the opposite side of the road to Ravenhill House. Note the little boy on the horse's back in this group of farm workers, boys and working horses. This photo was given to ...

Rectory Farm, Checkley

Rectory Farm stands on Church Lane and contains a panelled room known as the Monks' Room. It is believed to have been used by monks from Croxden Abbey in the years before Checkley had its own priest.

Rectory Farm, Checkley. Photographed by William Blake.

The Rectory Farm, Checkley, Staffordshire.

Re-erecting barn at Wolseley Bridge,

One of several agricultural buildings being re-erected at Wolseley Bridge. Pictured here is the main barn, facing the road, which is thought to date to the 17th century. It was taken down from Parchfield ...

Restoration of Shugborough Park Farm

Shugborough Park Farm pictured after the departure of its last tenant. The farm buildings were restored by Staffordshire County Council between 1975 and 1981. The farm opened as an agricultural museum ...

Rodgeley Lodge Farm, Chebsey

Farmhouse at Rodgeley Lodge, near Chebsey, built 1856

Rugeley Cattle Market and Sale Yard

The Cattle Market and Sale Yard pictured after it closed, but before the site was cleared for the supermarket and car park which now occupis the site. The area is at the rear of the Shrewsbury Arms on ...

Sandon Home Farm

A view of the farm house, showing the fine ashlar stonework and doric collonades. It was built for Lord Harrowby in 1777, a year after he bought the Sandon Estate. The architect was Samuel Wyatt and ...

Sandon Home Farm

A view of the farm house, showing the fine ashlar stonework and doric collonades. It was built for Lord Harrowby in 1777, a year after he bought the Sandon Estate. The architect was Samuel Wyatt and ...

School visit to Rodbaston Agricultural College

A group of school children are pictured leaving a greenhouse at Rodbaston Agricultural College. Rodbaston College's origins lie in 1919 when the War Agricultural Committee opened an agricultural training ...

Service buildings, Trentham Hall

The arched entrance off Park Drive leads into a courtyard around which were estate buildings including the agent's house, grain stores, cow sheds, a malthouse and brewery. The laundry was the farthest ...

Shenstone - Farm: sepia drawing

'Shenstone, 25 Feb., 1814,' showing barns, and the church tower in the distance. [Appears to be a closer view of the barn shown in SV IX.9a].Anonymous, [H. C. Allport].

Shenstone - Farm: sepia drawing

'Shenstone,' showing barns, cattle, and the church tower in the distance.Anonymous, [H. C. Allport].

Shooting party, Highlows Farm, Yarnfield

A shooting party at Highlows Farm. The house still stands. Note the pretend window painted top right to give the house a more symmetrical appearance - behind this was the attic staircase. On the right ...