Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Churchyards & Cemeteries
Page 8 of 20 350 Records Found

Hockley Road, Uttoxeter

A postcard view of Hockley Road, Uttoxeter, looking south-west over Picknal Brook Bridge towards the level crossing gates. The building on the left remains (December 2019) along with the level crossing ...

Hockley Road, Uttoxeter.

A postcard view of a quiet scene with a pony and trap on Hockley Road, Uttoxeter. On the right is a glimpse of the spire (later removed) on the Chapel buildings at Uttoxeter Cemetery. This Kingsway ...

Holy Trinity Church, Amblecote

A view of Holy Trinity Church and graveyard at Amblecote, West Midlands, from the north east. It was built in 1841-42 out of local yellow fire bricks. Amblecote was part of Staffordshire until 1972. Photographer: ...

Holy Trinity Church, Baswich, Stafford,

Baswich Church is first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. The only surviving part of this early church is found in the north pillar of the chancel arch. The church was rebuilt in 1407 and dedicated ...

Holy Trinity Church, Baswich, Stafford,

Baswich Church is first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. The only surviving part of this early church is found in the north pillar of the chancel arch. The church was rebuilt in 1407 and dedicated ...

Holy Trinity Church, Baswich, Stafford,

Baswich Church is first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. The only surviving part of this early church is found in the north pillar of the chancel arch. The church was rebuilt in 1407 and dedicated ...

Holy Trinity Church, Eccleshall,

Holy Trinity Church dates from the twelfth century. The chancel was replaced in the thirteenth century, and in the fifteenth century the tower was raised to its present height and the clerestory added. Between ...

Holy Trinity Church, Edingale

View from the south. Holy Trinity Church was rebuilt in brick in 1880-81 by Charles Lynam. The earliest reference to the church is in 1191 but there was evidence of Anglo-Saxon features when the Georgian ...

Joseph Jenkinson, a gravedigger, Fulford

Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local Historical Society, who retain copyright ownership.

King Edward VII Memorial Service, Norton in the Moors

The congregation at the Memorial Service following the death of King Edward VII on 6 May 1910 pictured outside St. Bartholomew’s Church, Norton in the Moors.

Kinver Church

St. Peter's Church mostly dates from the 14th and 15th centuries. The Victorian north aisle was rebuilt in the 1980s.

Knightley Church

Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the foundation stone was laid by the Countess of Lichfield. It was opened for public worship on July ...

Knightley Church

Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the foundation stone was laid by the Countess of Lichfield. It was opened for public worship on July ...

Knightley Church

Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the foundation stone was laid by the Countess of Lichfield. It was opened for public worship on July ...

Lapley Church

All Saints' Church, Lapley, is all that remains of the Benedictine priory founded here around 1100. The nave, chancel and bottom half of the tower is Norman, and the upper part of the tower is Perpendicular. ...

Leek - 'Antique Pillars': woodcut engraving

A page from 'The Gentleman's Magazine,' giving a letter about 'Antique Pillars at Leek,' with a woodcut engraving of a pillar, 'about ten feet high,' with a carving on it. There is also a woodcut of ...

Leek Church - Gravestone: sepia drawing

'Grave Stone on the South east side of the Church Yard at Leek, Staffordshire.'Inscribed 'Wm. Trafford of Swithamley Esqre. Died Dec. 10, 1697 aged 93,' with a crest of a thresher and a motto 'Now Thus.' ...

Leek Church: sepia drawing

'North East View of Leek Church, Staffordshire,' (St. Edward the Confessor's Church). Showing the circular window to the north aisle. The chancel has a north vestry. The Saxon pillar is clearly shown ...