Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 79 of 81 1449 Records Found

War Veteran's Parade, George Street, Tamworth

A St George's Day parade of Veterans of the First World War, seen in George Street.

Wardles hairdresser, Bridge Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

James W. Wardle seen here outside his Hairdresser's.

Warwick Savage Printers and Photographers, Burslem

The large building is on the corner of Jenkins Street and Wedgwood Street in Burslem. Queen's Hall is just to the right and to the left leads to Scotia Road. Mr Warwick Savage was a wholesale stationer, ...

Waters Confectioners Shop, 28 Market Street, Lichfield

Waters was a confectioners and sweet shop at 28 Market Street Lichfield during the 1930s and 1940s. Adverts for Fry's and Cadbury's chocolates can be seen in the shop display. The shop has since been ...

Watling Street, Quarry Hill, Tamworth

Lesters general store can be seen on the far left hand side of this photograph, with the cast iron canopy outside.

Watson's Piano Delivery Cart, The Avenue, Kidsgrove

Samuel Watson, musical instrument dealer, was based in Heathcote street, Kidsgrove from at least 1892 to 1912.

Webberleys from Parliament Square, Hanley

This photograph was taken in Parliament Square looking towards Percy Street. The five storey building in the background is Webberley's printers, stationers and booksellers, founded 1913. Dating from ...

Webberley's shop, Percy Street, Hanley

This imposing building on the corner of Percy Street and Tontine Street is the Free Trade Building. From 1924 it was the home to Webberley's (printers, stationers and booksellers). Previous occupants ...

Wedgwood Main Offices and Showroom, Barlaston,

On the left are the main offices, with the Showroom on the right. Josiah Wedgwood (1730 - 1795) began his apprenticeship as a potter in 1744. He started his own pottery business at Ivy House in Burslem ...

Weiss & Fowke's Studio, Stafford

Charles Fowke was based at the Victoria Road studio from about 1904, at first in partnership with Paul Weiss (Wise). The partnership was dissolved in 1916 and Fowke carried on until about 1937. Amongst ...

Werrington Road from Guy Street, Townsend, Bucknall

The camera is looking eastwards along Werrington Road with Guy Street off to the right. Guy Street was known as New Street until the 1950s renaming. The houses and shops on the right date from the end ...

Westhorpe's, Jewellers, 22 High Street, Uttoxeter

This picture was taken after some renovation work had been completed.

Weston village, near Stafford

A postcard view showing taken from in front of the Saracen's Head Inn on Stafford Road, looking towards Boat Lane and the canal bridge. The Inn sign is to the left, and the church spire can be seen beyond....

Wheatsheaf Inn on High Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

An Inde Coope public house, the Wheatsheaf Inn was flanked on this side by Poole's hardware store selling everything for the house and DIY. On the other side is a mixture of grocers, sweet shop and tobacconist ...

Wheeldon's, Market Street, Tamworth

Mrs Emma Wheeldon (owner/tenant) outside her shop that sold toys and general household items (paraffin, soaps, ironmongery). Mrs E. Wheeldon is seen with her three daughters, second left being Miss Olive ...

White Hart Tearooms, Stockwell Street, Leek

Tearooms have occupied this 17th century building on Stockwell Street for over 100 years. The bay windows have been removed.

White Lion Street, Stafford,

This photograph was taken from Wolverhampton Road. The building on the right lasted until the 1970s when, along with Camden Place and Timmis' Antique Shop it was demolished to make way for the inner ...

White Swan Inn, Newport Lane, Middleport

The photograph shows the White Swan Inn at 107 Newport Lane, Middleport where there has been an inn or beerhouse since the 1830s. This building was originally two modest semi-detached houses, which had ...