Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 78 of 81 1449 Records Found

Visit of King Edward VII, Stone,

King Edward VII passed through Stone on his way to Alton Towers. Crowds lined the route to catch a glimpse of him, as seen here on Granville Square. The whole town was decorated for the occasion and ...

Visit of the Prince of Wales, Stone,

View of the High Street during a visit from the Prince of Wales, later Edward VIII, who was passing through the town on his way from Sandon to the Potteries, via Trentham Park. The Prince inspected ...

W. Parton photographer, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

By 1911 photographer William Parton had shops at High Street and Hassell Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme. He also provided a picture framing and gilding service. His shop and studio on High Street later ...

W.A Marson's Old Curiosity Shop, Stafford

William Albert Marson owned a high class family grocer's shop, established in the High House on Greengate Street. Marson was also a lay reader and held sermons in several churches within the Stafford ...

W.H. Bailey & Sons boot and shoe shop, Town Hall Buildings, Tunstall

W.H. Bailey & Sons, boot and shoe makers' shop in Town Hall Buildings, Tunstall. The business was established in 1840 and had a second branch on Queen Street, Burslem. Image from 'Staffordshire Past ...

W.H. Bailey & Sons, boot and shoe shop, Burslem

W.H. Bailey & Sons, boot and shoe makers' shop on Queen Street, Burslem. The business was established in 1840 and had a second branch in Town Hall Buildings, Tunstall. Image from 'Staffordshire Past ...

W.H. Bigham's Tailors and Outfitters, Stafford,

Bigham's on Gaol Square sold ladies and gentlemen's made-to-measure and 'off the peg' clothing. To the left of Bigham's is Bedson's Army and Navy stores, which later moved to Bridge Street.

W.H. Letts store, 46 Stafford Street, Longton

Letts store, booksellers, stationers and newsagents stood in Stafford Street, Longton, Stoke-On-Trent. The street name was changed to The Strand around the 1950s. On the left is John (Jack) Harold Letts, ...

W.H. Smith's Newsagents, Magazine Stand, Stafford,

Interior of W.H. Smith newsagents on Greengate Street.

W.J. Aldridge Fish & Fruit shop front, Tamworth

Adridge's shop at 123 Lichfield Street, Tamworth. From left to right: Arthur Aldridge, Walter James Aldridge, Kate Aldridge, and one of the Aldridge sisters.

W.J. Mercer, saddler and harness maker, Market Street, Lichfield

William Mercer was the owner of a leather goods shop at 3 Market Street, Lichfield. The shop operated under the name Mercers until the ealy 2000s when it became Golunski Leather, though still owned by ...

Wain's, Church Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A view of Church Street with Wain's the Chemist on the corner. The side of St. Giles can just be seen beyond Wain's. Trams were still new to Newcastle at this time and the line can just be made out going ...

Wakes, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The busy market merges with the fair ground rides in this scene of a Wakes in Newcastle. Swing-Boats can be seen in the foreground and were a popular ride at the time. The first tall building on the ...

Walker's Grocery Shop, Smithfield Road, Uttoxeter

Photograph of Walker's Grocery shop at 111 Smithfield Road, Uttoxeter in the 1980s. The Walkers bought the shop in 1954 and were able to cut out half of their breadrounds. The shop is now (2012) a second-hand ...

Walking Competition, Stafford,

Walking competition seen in Gaolgate Street. Gaol Square can just be seen in the background. Mr Espley, who came second, is in the white vest.

Walsall and District Co-operative Society, Bore Street/Breadmarket Street, Lichfield

The Co-operative store was built on the site of the Dolphin Hotel. The building is now (2018) occupied by White Stuff.

War Memorial , Market Square, Uttoxeter

Behind the Memorial are the White Horse Hotel, Pratt's Art Shop, a W.H. Smith and Son van and a Stevenson's bus. The Memorial was carved by Robert Bridgman & Sons of Lichfield, and was unveiled in 1928 ...

War Memorial, Barton-under-Needwood

The war memorial and cottages on 'the Square' at the junction between Main Street and Church Lane, Barton-under-Needwood. Just off picture to the left is the Dog and Doublet public house.