Latest Additions To The Site

Page 7 of 56 1000 Records Found

Victoria Colliery and Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

The view north from Peck Mill Lane up the Ford Green valley towards Brindley Ford. In the background is Victoria Colliery. Most of the landscape in the photograph has been created through dumping mining ...

The Black Bull Inn, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

The Black Bull public house was on the corner of Bridge Street and Tunstall Road in Brindley Ford. It is nom longer vopen and has been converted into a dwelling. The slag tips on the right are from Robert ...

Bishop's Offley Manor

Potato Picking Competition, Adbaston

A group of young boys competing in a potato picking contest at Offley Grove, near Adbaston. An image taken from a water damaged glass negative. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

The Railway Hotel, Outclough Road, Black Bull, Brindley Ford

The Railway Hotel, now demolished, stood on Outclough Road near the Bemersley road corner, just north of Brindley Ford.

Brookhouse Farm, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Brookhouse Farm at the junction of Peck Mill Lane and Outclough Road (formerly High Street). The camera is looking south towards Chatterley Whitfield Colliery's spoil tip and chimney.

Black Bull Station and Victoria Colliery, Brindley Ford

This is a view looking north from Bull Lane towards Victoria Colliery. Black Bull station buildings can be seen on the right hand side. The station was on the now dismantled Biddulph Valley Branch. On ...

Bemersley Farm, Brindley Ford

This is a view east from Hugh Bourne's old Primitive Methodist Chapel in Brindley Ford. The chapel has been demolished. At the top of the path is Bemersley Farm, where Hugh Bourne lived for a time. The ...

A collection of spoil tips.

The view south from the Bemersley Green area with Chatterley Whitfield Colliery spoil tip in the foreground. Beyond that, almost in line, are the tips of Sneyd Colliery, Hanley Deep Pit and Fenton. ...

Caldon Canal at Heakley Hall Farm, Norton Green

A view south west along the Caldon Canal from the bridge near Heakley Hall Farm. The buildings on the skyline are on Norton Lane. The arm of the canal to Norton Green foundry went off to the right between ...

Stoke to Leek railway line near Baddeley Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south west from the bridge over the railway line near Little Heakley Farm. On the extreme right hand edge of the photograph is the top of the spoil tip of Norton Colliery. The factories ...

Lift bridge over the Caldon Canal at Heakley Green, Norton Green

The Norton Green lift bridge (bridge No 21) carries the path leading to Cockshead Cottages over the Caldon Canal west of Baddeley Green. Just beyond the bridge was the start of the arm of the canal that ...

Stanley Pool

The dam at the north west end of Stanley Pool. Built in 1786 as an 8 acre (3¼ hectare) reservoir to supply water for the nearby Caldon Canal, the pool was enlarged to 33 acres (13 hectares) in 1840 ...

The railway at Stockton Brook

The view east along the Stoke to Leek branch railway line close to Stockton Brook station. The bridge in the centre carries the A53 (Leek New Road) over the railway whilst the bridge in the foreground ...

Caldon Canal at Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent

The lower lock (of five) on the Caldon Canal at Stockton Brook. These locks lift the canal to its summit level. The lock overflow is at the left edge of the photograph and Stockton Brook waterworks is ...

Lift bridge on Caldon Canal near Long Butts Farm, Stoke-on-Trent

The lift bridge (bridge number 23) on the Caldon Canal close to Long Butts Farm on Ball Lane, Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent. Sometimes called a drawbridge, this lift bridge is hand operated using a windlass ...

New Inn Lane, Hanford

A view south east from New Inn Lane towards Hem Heath Colliery. In the centre foreground is the New Mill estate, with houses still being built.

Cottages on New Inn Lane, Hanford

A pair of cottages, numbers 53 & 55 on New Inn Lane, Hanford. Both cottages and the houses in view to the right have been demolished and replaced with modern detached and semi-detached houses.