Theme Explorer

Page 7 of 12 212 Records Found

Queen Elizabeth II's Visit to Stafford in 1955

Queen's Hotel, Etruria Road, Stoke

This is a much altered and modified premises. It was originally built between 1832 and 1878 with several later extensions. This photograph has been taken from the rear of the premises.

Quickfit and Quartz 21 Dinner, Stone

Quickfit '21' Club 6th Annual Dinner, held at the Crown Hotel ballroom, Stone on Thursday 11 September 1969. From left to right: W. Ashall, R. Smallman, Molly Tighe, Ted Tighe, G. Rumbold, Vic Harrison, ...

RAF Stafford Battle of Britain Parade

RAF Stafford personnel are marching along Greengate Street, Stafford, during the 1986 Battle of Britain Parade. On the platform on the right a Senior Officer is taking the Salute, standing next to the ...

Railway Hotel, Rocester

The Railway Hotel was built in the 1850s soon after the Churnet Valleey line on the North Staffordshire Railway was completed. The landlord of the Railway Hotel at this time was Robert Jardine. In the ...

Railway Hotel, Rugeley

Situated at the road junction by the Rugeley Trent Valley railway station entrance, the Railway Commercial Hotel is strictly speaking in Colton Parish. It was probably built around 1862-64. The proprietor ...

Railway Station and Hotel, Stafford

The station building in this picture was constructed in 1862. On the right is the Station Hotel, originally built as the North Western Hotel on Victoria Road in 1866, to provide accommodation for rail ...

Railway Station and Hotel, Stafford,

The Grand Junction railway line opened in July 1837. Within the next twelve years lines had opened from Stafford to Wellington and, via Lichfield to Rugby. The suburb of Castletown, en route to Doxey, ...

Rear of the Globe Hotel, Newcastle-under-Lyme, 1965/6

This photograph taken in the mid 1960s shows the rear of the Globe Hotel in Newcastle-under-Lyme. This hotel had been one of the most important coaching inns in its heyday when around about 40 coaches ...

Red Lion Square, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A pencil and coloured wash by John Whessell. This drawing captures Red Lion Square in about the early 1840s. The coaching inn, The Three Tuns, can be seen on the left hand side, which had occupied this ...

Red Lion Square, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The stone building in the centre of this photograph was used at one time as the office of the Weights and Measures Inspector, and was demolished in 1926. Previously it had stood in the High Street, to ...

Restoring cars at the Swan Hotel, Stafford

Ron Winkle with one of his restored cars. Mr Winkle ran a car restoration business in the stables behind the Swan Hotel. He also organised the Cygnet Folk Club which was held at the Swan.

Roadworks on Greengate Street, Stafford

Workers re-laying the road surface on Greengate Street. On the left can be seen the bay windows of the Swan Hotel, the timber-framed building to the right is Dale's Ironmongers shop.

Roadworks on Greengate Street, Stafford

Workmen re-laying the surface of Greengate Street. The bay windows of the Swan Hotel can be seen to the right.

Roebuck, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The 'Roebuck' prior to its demolition in 1936. The Roebuck was originally one of the oldest coaching inns in Newcastle, but was later converted into shops. In its heyday, around 1818, about 40 coaches ...

Royal Oak Hotel, Rushton

In the foreground the Canal feeder can be seen passing between Lake Rudyard and the River Dane.

Saltwells Inn, Brierley Hill

A view of group of buildings, featuring the Saltwells Inn, Brierley Hill, advertising Flavells Home Brewed Ales. There is a horse and trap on the road with several people. Although rebuilt, the Saltwells ...

Sandon British Legion dinner, Hixon

Sandon British Legion annual dinner at the memorial hall Hixon. Back row (left to right): unknown, unknown, unknown, Sam Berrisford, Jack Challinor, Richard Dewberry, Britton Adams, Reg Lindop. Front ...