Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Garages & Petrol Stations
Page 7 of 10 167 Records Found

Mr V F Lloyd of Lloyd’s Garage, Stafford

This photograph of Mr Victor F Lloyd of Lloyds Garage which was based at the junction of Eccleshall Road and the Stone Road in Stafford was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. In later years the ...

Myatt's Garage, Stone

Myatt's Garage was on Longton Road, and stood next to the Bridge Inn which became Langtry's in the early 1980s. The house to the right no longer stands. In 2004 the garage was occupied by William ...

Myatt's Garage, Stone

Myatt's Garage on Longton Road, Stone. The site is now (2007) occupied by William Jones Motors.

Myatt's Garage, Stone

Myatt's Garage on Longton Road, Stone. The site is now (2007) occupied by William Jones Motors. The Myatt's house, which formerly included their sweet shop, is in the process of demolition.

Myatt's Garage, Stone

Myatt's Garage on Longton Road, Stone. The site is now (2007) occupied by William Jones Motors. Pictured with his van is Bill Moore of Moore & Harvey Builders. They built the Longton Road and Margaret ...

Nantwich, Cheshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Nantwich, Cheshire. This view includes a mock tudor building.

Old Cottages in Elmore Lane , Rugeley

The Green Bus Garage is at the far end. All the buidings have since been demolished and the area redeveloped

Old Petrol Pump, Hixon,

Petrol pump dated c.1920s on Stowe Lane.

Park Street, Uttoxeter.

View down Park Street, looking past the circular island railings on the left. On the right is Richardsons' Coach and Motor Works. George Richardson moved into these premises in the 1840s, which remained ...

Pearl Mill, Leek

Pearl Mill, on Buxton Road, had been converted into Bode's Garage by the time this photograph was taken at the time of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation. The building is now (2014) occupied by PJS Machinery....

Petrol filling station and carwash, Stanton Road, Burton-upon-Trent

The Murco Petroleum Ltd. petrol filling station and car wash at 290 Stanton Road, Burton-upon-Trent. This Image is from a collection of photographs of Burton upon Trent commissioned and assembled by ...

Petrol Station, Abbots Bromley

Thomas Taswell's petrol station, near the Butter Market, Abbots Bromley.

PMT depot, Scotia Road, Burslem

The Potteries Motor Traction company's Burslem depot was on Scotia Road. Originally it was Brown's Motor Co garage and was taken over by PMT in 1951. Enlarged in 1961, it took over from Goldenhill as ...

PMT Garage in Clough Street, Hanley

The Potteries Motor Traction Company ran buses in the Potteries from 1933, taking over from its predecessor the Potteries Electric Traction Co who had started the earliest trams in the area. The Hanley ...

Ray & Proctor's Garage, Longton

Ray & Procter's Garage on Commerce Street, Longton.

Rock House Cafe and Filling Station, Milford

Rock House Cafe and filling station at Milford. In 1954 Gordon Boston bought what was then a transport cafe called Rock House Cafe and added a petrol station the following year. Up to 18 women were ...

Rock House cafe, Pots Teas and Cups, Milford

The tea room was situated at the rear of Bostons filling station at Milford. In 1954 Gordon Boston bought what was then a transport cafe called Rock House Cafe and added a petrol station the following ...

Rose Bros, Lower Gungate, Tamworth

Employees at Rose Brothers Garage, Lower Gungate. To the left is the corner of Albert Road. From the third left are Wray Lester, Bertram Bullock, Neckie(?), and Charlie Day. Fourth from the right is Stuart ...