Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 7 of 81 1456 Records Found

Bradley's Wireless Shop, Stafford,

This sixteenth century building on Church Lane was originally a bakery. It was opened as a wireless shop by Mr Bradley in the 1920s. In later years housed an antiques shop and the Sheriff's Office....

Brassington Bros., Campbell Place, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph showing one of the Brassington Brothers shoe shops is thought to have been taken between 1920 and 1935. It is situated in Campbell Place, Stoke. Notice how the window area is used to a ...

Bratt & Dyke Department Store shop window, Hanley

A menswear window display at Bratt & Dyke's Hanley department store. The display features Jaeger clothing, including underwear, scarves, caops and deerstalker hats. Draper Oliver Dyke opened a shop ...

Bratt & Dykes Department Store, Hanley.

Bratt & Dykes was one of the large and fashionable department stores that became popular towards the end of Queen Victoria’s reign. Selling a range of goods these stores took over from the arcade; ...

Bratt & Dyke's shop window, Stafford,

School uniform window display, Bratt & Dyke's, Greengate Street.

Bratt and Dyke Department Store, Hanley

Bratt and Dyke's Department Store pictured on its opening day in 1897. The decorations are to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. The building still stands, albeit altered, and is occupied by ...

Bratt and Dyke's Department Store, Hanley

Bratt and Dyke's Department Store pictured after the addition of its new 3rd floor in 1937. The building still stands, albeit altered, and is occupied by smaller shops and fast food outlets. Draper ...

Brattt and Dyke Department Store, Hanley

Bratt and Dyke's Department Store pictured in 1924, possibly decorated for Empire Day. The building still stands, albeit altered, and is occupied by smaller shops and fast food outlets. A photograph ...

Bray's, George street, Tamworth

Charles Bray's shop, a fruiterer and confectioner, with its 1930's style frontage. The archway and roadway led to Hamel's George Street Mill.

Bread queue in Market Square, Stafford

A queue outside the Guild Hall, Stafford, during World War I, waiting for bread tickets. This photograph shows Averil's chemists shop, Boots' chemists , Astons and Sons Ltd Furniture shop and the Guildhall. This ...

Brereton Road, Rugeley

A postcard view looking towards Brereton from the corner of Wharf Road. On the left is the old Britannia Inn, replaced along with most of the cottages when Brereton Road was widened in the 1930s.

Brewood views

A colour-tinted postcard with five views of Brewood: the Canal, Four Ashes Road, Dean Street, the Roman Catholic Church and Market Square. Published by F. Frith & Co. Ltd., Reigate.

Brewster & Co., Tailors and Outfitters, 49 Market Place, Uttoxeter

Advertisement for Brewsters who were renowned locally for their made to measure suits. Mr John Henry Brewster was a tailor and outfitter whose first premises were on Carter Street. He moved to this shop ...

Bricklayer's Arms, Stafford,

The Bricklayer's Arms in Gaolgate Street was rebuilt and renamed the King Edward VII to mark his coronation in 1902. On the right is Hazelwood's drapers shop. It was demolished in the 1960s to make ...

Bridge Street from Bailey Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from the roof of what was in the early 1970's Stafford Reprographics Ltd. Printers, in Bailey Street.

Bridge Street, Burton upon Trent

A lantern slide view of the north side of Bridge Street decorated to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. In the middle is the Queen's Hotel, with to the left of the pub, the Saracen's Head Inn, ...

Bridge Street, Burton-on-Trent

The North side of Bridge Street decorated to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. In the middle is the Queen's Hotel, with to the left of the pub, the Saracen's Head Inn, Maxted (a tailor and habit ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

View from Green Bridge towards Chetwynd House. Mr Jenkinson, a baker and confectioner, owned the shop in the foreground. Next door was the Woolpack Inn, demolished to make way for the Baths Hotel ...