Theme Explorer

Page 7 of 12 208 Records Found

Sandon Village

In the centre is one of the two Stafford Lodges built in 1902 at the entrance to Sandon Hall. The war memorial is in centre of the photograph. Sandon war memorial was unveiled by Colonel John Ward ...

Sandon Village

In the centre is one of the two Stafford Lodges at the gateway to Sandon Hall. The triple chimney on the left belongs to Seven Stars Cottage.

Sandon Village

Stafford Lodges at the entrance to Sandon Hall. The Lodges were built in 1902, but the gate and gate piers are earlier. The gates were probably made in Gloucestershire by William Edney and were moved ...

Sandon Village

In the centre are the two Stafford Lodges at the gateway to Sandon Hall. The Lodges were built in 1902, but the gate and gate piers are earlier. The gates were probably made in Gloucestershire by William ...

Shrewsbury Lodge , Weston Park

Weston Hall was built by Sir Thomas and Lady Wilbraham in 1671. Lady Wilbraham is believed to have been the architect. In 1762 the Hall and Park passed to the Bridgeman family, later Earls of Bradford ...

Shugborough Lodge, Great Haywood

This card was published by W. Shaw, Burslem. The card was posted on 24 July 1919 from Great Haywood to an address in Liverpool. On the left is Trent Lodge which was built in 1860 and replaced an ...

Silkmore Lane, Stafford

his view shows Silkmore Lane as a country lane rather than the bustling and much wider road of today. On the right is the lodge house to Silkmore Hall. To the left is farmland belonging to Silkmore Farm; ...

Silkmore Lane, Stafford,

This view shows Silkmore Lane as a country lane rather than the bustling and much wider road of today. On the right is the lodge house to Silkmore Hall. To the left is farmland belonging to Silkmore ...

Snow, Brocton Golf Course,

Entrance to Brocton Hall golf course. Brocton Hall and its land was acquired by Cannock Chase Golf Club in 1922, after losing their original club house in a fire.

South Lodge House, Darlaston Hall Estate, Stone,

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant. The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained ...

South Lodge House, Darlaston Hall Estate, Stone,

South Lodge was occupied by Mrs Constance Meakin's butler, Mr. Whidett, in the 1940s. The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, ...

South Lodge House, Little Onn Hall, Church Eaton,

Photograph of the timber framed south lodge house at Little Onn Hall, from a sale catalogue. Little Onn Hall is located about 1 1/2 miles south west of Church Eaton. The hall was built c.1870 - 1875, ...

South Lodge, Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

South Lodge was built in the early 19th century and demolished around 1970. Photographer: Alfred McCann, photographers of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Springfield Lodge, Codsall Wood

Springfield Lodge, Springfield Drive. Also called Oaken Drive. The lodge was known locally as the Witches Cottage. At one time it connected the large houses of Springfield House and The Terrace, in Oaken. ...

Springfield Lodge, Codsall Wood

Springfield Lodge, Springfield Drive. Also called Oaken Drive. The lodge was known locally as the Witches Cottage. At one time it connected the large houses of Springfield House and The Terrace, in Oaken. ...

Stafford - New Lodge to the Asylum: sepia drawing

'The New Lodge to the Asylum at Stafford,' taken from the road. Showing a one-storey building behind a perimeter wall, situated by the entrance gateway.'J. B.,' [John Buckler.]

Stafford Lodges, Sandon Hall,

Stafford Lodges and the gate to Sandon Hall. The original moated Sandon Old Hall was acquired by the Erdeswick family in 1338, but was sold to Lord Harrowby in 1776. The original building no longer ...

Stafford Lodges, Shugborough

Stafford Lodges were built in 1825 as copies of the earlier Lichfield Lodges, built and designed by Samuel Wyatt around 1805. Postcard publisher unidentified. Postmarked 25 July 1915.