Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 7 of 10 176 Records Found

Old village hall, Pattingham

This village hall was a timber building, built between 1922-1925, on land donated by Lord Dartmouth. It was replaced in 1966.

Opening of Fulford village hall, Fulford

The people pictured on this occasion (from left to right) are Roy Emery, Mr Hughes, Norman Bedson, Mrs Hughes, Arthur Leese and RD Wilkinson. Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local ...

Opening of St. Michael's Scout Hut, Stone,

St. Michael's scout hut was on Walton Common.

Opening of the Grimwade Memorial Hall, Forsbrook

This is the grand opening of the Hall in 1900. The hall was built by the New Connexion Methodists from land acquired by Sidney R. Grimwade, a pottery manufacturer, to commemorate the loss of his daughter. ...

Opening of the Municipal Hall foundation stone, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The stone was laid under great ceremony in 1888 by the Mayor and civic dignitaries of the time.

Oulton, Stone

A wintry view of Oulton, with the Village Hall in the foreground and the Abbey buildings beyond.

Pageant Party, Stafford

Watched by some of the 80 children who attended, Miss Wynne Porter is pictured as she cuts the large iced cake at a party for her pupils, held at the Oddfellows Hall in Stafford on Friday 24 October to ...

Parish noticeboard, Longdon

A 'Best Kept Village' poster and an Open Garden poster can be seen on the Parish noticeboard. Thought to be located on Brook End near its junction with Mill Way in Longdon.

Party at Walton Community Hall, Stone

A party for members of Walton Revellers dance troop held at Walton Community Hall. This group includes: Freda Ferneyhough, Annette Ferneyhough, Mrs Ahearn, Les Maddox, Peter Bateman, Anne Ferneyhough, ...

Postcard of The Square in Forsbrook

This photograph was taken after the demolition of a cottage in the middle of The Square. The Grindley Memorial Hall can be seen on the far left hand side of the photograph. Photograph donated by ...

Postcard view of The Club, West End, Pattingham

'The Club' was a Working Men's club. It was demolished in 1953 and a new one was built next door.

Presentation in Derrington Village Hall

Presentation in Derrington Village Hall of certificates awarded to young people for their good work in the community. Back row (left to right): Katy Sutcliffe, Helen Salmons (married name) née Thornley. Middle ...

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Rugeley

A view of the Primitive Methodist Chapel which was built in 1870 on the corner of Church Street and Lion Street in Rugeley. The Chapel closed in 1955. At the time this photograph was taken the building ...

Quaker Meeting House, Stafford,

The Society of Friends, or Quakers, established themselves in Stafford around 1650. As a minority religion they were heavily persecuted. Quakers refused to be buried in St. Mary's churchyard, so they ...

Rangemore Club, Rangemore

The Club was built in the Victorian estate village of Rangemore, which belonged to the Bass family. The family residence was Rangemore Hall.

Red Cross Annual General Meeting and Awards Presentation, Stafford

Miss A L Green County Director, accompanied Viscountess Falmouth, who is pictured presenting the Coleman Cup for the best men’s first aid and nursing detachment, to Mr A Lander, Captain of the Staffs. ...

Red Cross Inspection, St. Leonard's Avenue, Stafford

Miss A. L. Green, County Director of the British Red Cross Society (in the centre), is accompanied by Miss A. Collier, Divisional Director (third from right), during an inspection of the Stafford Red ...

Red Cross Inspection, St. Leonard's Avenue, Stafford

Miss A. L. Green, County Director of the British Red Cross Society (third from the right), is accompanied by Miss A. Collier, Divisional Director (extreme right), during an inspection of the Stafford ...