Theme Explorer

Page 7 of 7 119 Records Found

The Counting House, Job White & Sons Ltd, Compton Mills, Leek

Towards the end of the 20th century the accounts office was turned into an art gallery.

The District Bank building, Trentham Road, Trentham

The District Bank building stood at the junction of Barlaston Old Road and Trentham Road. The Italianate style building later became a branch of Nat West Bank. Behind to the right is Trentham Methodist ...

The Midland Bank building, Market Street, Longton

This is the old Midland Bank building on the corner of Railway Passage and Market Street in Longton. A date tablet over the door states "Established 1836", the year of the founding of the Birmingham ...

The National Provincial Bank, Stone

Pictured is an example of a National Provincial Bank of England cheque (Stone Branch), dated 16 June 1900 and made out for the amount of £9 and 4 Shillings. The National Provincial Bank was at 10, High ...

The National Provincial Bank, Stone

A postcard view of the National Provincial Bank on High Street, Stone. The Victorian Gothic arches were inserted into the ground floor of an existing building around 1863. The National Provincial Bank ...

The Old Town Hall, Leek

The building used to stand at the junction of Sheepmarket and Stanley Street (formerly Custard Street), on the site of the old Market Cross. It was built in about 1806 and used for a variety of purposes. ...

The Square, Codsall Village

The junction of Station Road and Wolverhampton Road with Stockman's corner shop on the right, and Angus Stewart's shop and Lloyds Bank in Station Road.

The Square, Codsall Village

The junction of Station Road and Wolverhampton Road with Stockman's corner shop. Angus Stewart's shop and Lloyds Bank can be seen in Station Road. There are several cars in the square. The Morris Minor ...

Tipping Street, Stafford

This view of several buildings in Tipping Street was taken prior to their demolition by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. After the buildings on the left were flattened the area was used as a car ...

Trentham Ballroom

During the Second World War many important departments were moved from London and other major cities in order to evade air raids. On 26 August 1939, just prior to the outbreak of war, the Bankers ...

Tufty Club stand outside the Midland Bank, Eccleshall

The Tufty Club was created in 1961 to introduce road safety to children aged under 5. Tufty Fluffytail, a red squirrel character, was created in 1953 by Elsie Mills MBE and appeared in government public ...