Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Aerial Views & Townscapes
Page 7 of 71 1267 Records Found

Aerial View of the Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,

Josiah Wedgwood (1730 - 1795) began his apprenticeship as a potter in 1744. He started his own pottery business at Ivy House in Burslem 1759. As Wedgwood experiment with new techniques and glazes, his ...

Aerial view of the Westlands and Clayton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This aerial photograph of Newcastle-under- Lyme takes in the developing Westlands and Clayton housing estates to the bottom of the picture on the right.

Aerial View of The Westlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This aerial photograph of Newcastle-under-Lyme taken in 1936 shows the development of The Westlands. The Westlands is now a large, leafy suburban area just outside Newcastle-under-Lyme town centre.

Aerial view of the Westlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This photograph ia an aerial view of Newcastle-under-Lyme. The chimneys of Knutton Forge can be seen in the top right hand corner of the picture. The building in centre is where the Thistleberry Hotel ...

Aerial View of Trentham Gardens,

Aerial view of Trentham Gardens showing the lake, Italian gardens and ballroom. The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the ...

Aerial View of Universal Grinding Wheel Factory, Stafford,

The Universal Wheel Grinding Co. factory on Doxey Road, established in 1913. By the 1970s the company was the largest manufactory of emery wheels and grindstones in Europe. Copyright and ownership ...

Aerial view of Walsitch Maltings, Burton-on-Trent

Aerial View of Wombourne

An aerial view of the centre of Wombourne, looking north-east. The Church can be seen to the top of the picture, with the cricket ground on the village green occupying centre left.

After the fire at Fatty Arbuckles,

Fatty Arbuckle's night club after the fire in 1991. The club was previously known as 'Top of the World' and has since become 'The Colloseum' and 'Zanzibar'.

Agricultural Show, Stone

High Street decorated possibly for Staffordshire Agricultural Society's annual County Show, which was first held at Stone in 1844. On the left are the offices of Joule's brewery. The County Show was held ...

Albert Hall Cinema, Stafford,

The Albert Cinema opened in May 1912 in a former rag and bone warehouse on Crabbery Street. It closed three years later. In 1919 the building was converted into a repertory theatre and remained as ...

Albion Place and Bath Street, Stafford,

View of numbers 1 to 5 Albion Place and 1 Bath Street. These houses were demolished by 1965, and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984. The corner of the old ...

Albion Street and Normacot Road, Longton

Albion Street was renamed Morpeth Street in the 1950s.

Albion Street, Rugeley

This view of Albion Street was taken looking towards the Market Square in Rugeley. The woman on the left is Mrs Richardson and on the right is the Albion public house. Also in this scene the vehicles ...

Aldridge panoramic view: sepia drawing

Views near Aldridge (in three sections), showing the positions of Aldridge, Lichfield, Shenstone, Little Aston, Barr Beacon and the London Road. Anonymous.

All Saints' Church, Milwich,

The first record of a church on this site is dated c.1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 1790s after ...

Almshouses, Bridge Street, Newcastle-Under-Lyme

View of Almshouses looking north-east taken from St. Giles tower. Prior to their demolition in 1964. They were pulled down to make way for the ring road. In 1688 the Duke of Albemarle bequeathed £6000 ...

Almshouses, High Street, Kinver

The buildings with two bay windows in the centre of this view of the High Street were almshouses at numbers 47 and 48. They were demolished in 1972.