Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Churchyards & Cemeteries
Page 7 of 20 351 Records Found

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

A postcard view looking south across the German Military Cemetery. This Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

The German Military Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement of 16 October 1959 between the governments of the United ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

Main Entrance to the German Military Cemetery. This Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement of 16 October 1959 ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

The German Military Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement of 16 October 1959 between the governments of the United ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

The German Military Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement of 16 October 1959 between the governments of the United ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase,

The German Military Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement of 16 October 1959 between the governments of the United ...

Glascote Road, view looking east, Glascote, Tamworth

Glascote cemetery lodge, built in 1876, is pictured here on the left, with W.H. Chaplin, the first superintendent, standing outside. The bell top of the Infant School can be seen above the centre roof ...

Grass cutting at St Mary’s Churchyard, Whitmore

Harry Timins and Sid Myatt cutting the grass in St. Mary’s churchyard, Whitmore using scythes. Ray Latham probably took this photograph with a Box Brownie camera.

Grave of William Landon, Church Eaton

The grave of William Landon (1755-1833) in the graveyard of St. Editha's Church, Church Eaton. William was born in Herefordshire and is regarded as the ancestor of the majority of the Staffordshire Landons. ...

Grave stones in Biddulph Churchyard: sepia drawing

Two gravestones in the churchyard.Inscribed 'These stones were found under the steps of the cross, when repairing a few years ago.' Artist: 'J.B.,' [John Bucker.]

Gravestone in St. Stephen's Church Yard, Great Haywood

The gravestone of Thomas Fallows (who died on 3 May 1909, aged 78) Shugborough Park Farm Tenant from 1900 to 1909, and his wife Annie Elizabeth. Thomas was born in Wetton, Staffordshire in 1839, where ...

Gravestone, Alstonefield

In the graveyard of St. Peter's Church, Alstonefield is this gravestone, which is one of the oldest in the country. It is dated 1518 and is to the memory of Anne Green who died on 3 April 1518.

Gravestones, St .Mary's Church Yard, Stafford

Headstones of George Merricks and his wife Ann Merricks (nee Halden). The inscription reads: 'In Loving Memory of Ann the beloved wife of George Merricks of Lichfield Road. Who died May 29 1901. ...

Hall of Honour, Cannock Chase German Military Cemetery

The Hall of Honour with a recumbent bronze sculpture on a plinth which represents “The Fallen Warrior” by German sculptor, Professor Hans Wimmer (1907-1992). On the far wall is a plaque to commemorate ...

Haywood Family Grave, Stafford

The grave of the Haywood family in Eccleshall Road Cemetery, Stafford. Buried here is Captain Alfred Ernest Haywood, formerly Chief Fire Officer of the Stafford Fire Brigade, who died in 1958 at the age ...

High Street, Kinver

Kinver High Street, looking south with St. Peter's Church on the horizon.

Hilderstone Church

A postcard view of Christ Church in Hilderstone which was built in 1827-9 to designs by Thomas Trubshaw of Little Haywood. This postcard was published by T. G. Adie & Co’s., (Stone) Series.

Himley Church

The church of St. Michael and All Angels at Himley was built in 1764.