Theme Explorer

Page 7 of 8 127 Records Found

TC Pets, Silverdale

Pet shop owner and parrot. At TC Pets, Silverdale. Photograph taken by a member of the Silverdale Community Play Association.

The Canal at Wheaton Aston

This postcard view looks north-west along the Shropshire Union Canal to Wheaton Aston. The Canal Bridge in the centre is number 19 and the building left of the bridge is the Hartley Arms public house. ...

The Crown Hotel, Stone

A postcard view of the rear courtyard at the Crown Hotel, Stone. The Crown Hotel on High Street was damaged by fire in 1778. The new building was designed by Henry Holland in 1780. The inn was a stop ...

The Fallows Family, Shugborough Park Farm

The Fallows family were tenants of Shugborough Park Farm between 1900 and 1926. From left to right: John, Annie Elizabeth, Victor, Annie, Thomas, Thomas Jr. Thomas Anson, who inherited the Shugborough ...

The old smithy, Coppenhall

A blacksmith filing the hoof of a horse outside the old smithy which was sited on the west side of Hyde Lea Bank, between Coppenhall and Hyde Lea. The blacksmith at the time was George Fletcher. The ...

The Old Vicarage, Eccleshall,

The Old Vicarage was built on Vicarage Close in 1703. The building has not been used as a vicarage since the 1940s, and has now been converted into flats.

The Square, Great Haywood

View of the south side of The Square. Note the signpost to Lichfield on the side of the Clifford Arms, and the two trees planted to celebrate Queen Victoria's Jubilee.

The Taylor children, Pattingham

Ann and Robert Taylor at the side of the family shop. Their father Harold was the village butcher. Robert later joined him in the business.

The Tunstalls, Tunstall, Adbaston

A postcard view of the Tunstalls, near Adbaston. The Tunstalls is a large 18th century farmhouse, which was remodeled and had a third storey added in the mid 19th century. The man holding a shotgun is ...

Trent and Mersey Canal, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the Trent and Mersey Canal in Longport, Stoke-on-Trent. The importance of the canals to the ceramic industry is well illustrated by the photograph: piles of ceramic wares and bottle kilns ...

Two girls and pony, Wood Eaton Manor, Church Eaton

Constance Isabel Morris-Eyton and Rose Margaret Eleanor Morris-Eyton with a pony standing outside the entrance porch at Wood Eaton Manor. At the time of this photograph it was the residence of Mr and ...

Two women, Woodseaves area

Two women with a dog and a cat, seated outside an unidentified house in the Woodseaves area. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Two women, Woodseaves area

Two young women and a pet dog in front of an ivy-covered house in the Woodseaves area. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Vernon Family, Milwich,

Walton, Stone,

The houses on the left and the bridge still stand today, although a new road bridge runs parallel to the old. In the distance is Elm Terrace.

Wedding of Edith Swinson to James Sargeant, Bramshall

The Wedding of Edith Swinson to James Sargeant, at St. Laurence's Church, Bramshall. Standing on the second row, far right (and clean shaven) is Ben Shaw. He was later Uttoxeter Carnival King in the ...

Women and pets, Woodseaves area

Two young women and their dog, cat and a kitten, by the front door of an unidentified house in the Woodseaves area. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Women's Land Army Girl, Eccleshall,

The WLA began during the First World War to help combat food shortages and fill the vacancies left by the men who had entered military service. The women who enrolled had the option of working in agriculture, ...