Theme Explorer

Page 67 of 67 1199 Records Found

William Kent Porcelain, Glendale Street, Burslem.

The camera is looking along Glendale Street, off Waterloo Road, in Burslem. At the time of the photograph, Glendale Street was called Stoneley Street. At the bottom is the site of William Kent (Porcelain) ...

William Shakespeare figure

Pearlware over-glaze painted figure. Height 410mm. William Shakespeare (1564-1616) is Britain's most famous dramatist and poet. This figure is based on Peter Scheemaker's design of 1740 for the memorial ...

Williamson Street, Tunstall

Looking east, he photograph shows the south side of Williamson Street. The building in the foreground was occupied by Bradbury Brothers, who supplied paper bags, twine and stationery. The ovens behind ...

Wiltshaw and Robinson's Pottery, Carlton Works, Copeland Street, Stoke upon Trent

Wiltshaw & Robinson were founded in 1890, renamed as Carlton Ware in 1958 before the factory closed in 1989. The company produced a very wide range of table and ornamental earthenwares. The Carlton ware ...

Windsor and Elektra Potteries, Longton

The Windsor and Elektra Potteries were on Edensor Road, just before the junction with Clayton Road. This photograph was taken looking south from in front of the old Alhambra Cinema, with Clayton Road ...

Woman making a sacrifice figure

Earthenware painted figure and excavated porcelain figure. Height of complete figure 195mm The porcelain figure was excavated at St. Paul's Church, Burslem.

Woodbank Street bottle ovens, Burslem

The old "Red Tea Pot" and earthenware factory on Woodbank Street (formerly Hanover Street) in Burslem. The photograph was taken from the corner of Velvet Street (now no longer). According to Bert Bentley, ...

Wood's canal side pottery, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the rear of Arthur Wood's pottery which was originally part of Longport Pottery. Longport Pottery dates from the 1770s and over time became a large works which occupied the east side ...

Wood's old pottery, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking northwards along the Trent & Mersye Canl with Wood's old pottery on then right hand side. This was originally part of the larger Longport Pottery, dating from the 1770s, which was ...

Wood's Stanley Pottery, Newport Lane, Middleport

Wood & Sons operated the Stanley Pottery in Newport Lane, Middleport. It was bought in 1931 and was made up of two works: Stanley and Crown Potteries which were almost completely rebuilt in 1945 into ...

Wormed or cable decoration jugs, bowls and pepper pot

Earthenware jugs, bowls and a pepper pot. Height of large bowl 135mm. Worming was achieved by using a three-chambered slip-bottle, patented in 1811, which allowed several colours of slip to be applied ...