Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 26 465 Records Found

Drawing Office, British Reinforced Concrete, Stafford

A designer working at a desk in the Design and Drawing Office at the B.R.C. factory, Queensville, Stafford. The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures ...

Drawing Office, Siemen's Brothers Engineering Works, Stafford,

Around the turn of the 20th Century, following their move from Woolwich to Stafford, the newly recruited labour force of Siemens Brothers began to produce electrical rotating plant, transformers and switchgear ...

Duncan Hall office staff at the Post Office Training Centre, Yarnfield

This photograph of office staff taking a break outside Duncan Hall at the Post Office Training Centre was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Among those in the photograph: Pauline Loader, ...

Dust Extraction Equipment. Photographed by William Blake.

Exhibition stand showing dust extraction equipment made by W.E. Browning & Co., Leytonstone.

Electric Generators, Lotus Shoe Factory, Stafford,

Generators manufactured by English Electric Co. which powered the Lotus shoe factory on Sandon Road. The Sandon Road factory was demolished in 1998. English Electric was formerly Siemens Bros., who ...

Elevated View of the Shop Floor, Siemens Works, Stafford,

Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. The company manufactured generators, electric motors and ...

Elliott Lucas Works, Bridgtown, Cannock

The Elliott Lucas Ltd works at Churchbridge, Bridgtown, Cannock, decorated for the Coronation of King George VI 12th May 1937. The company manufactured small tools and spanners. Works manager at this ...

Employees and Locomotive, W.G. Bagnall's Works, Stafford,

Group of managers and foremen in front of a locomotive built by Brush Bagnall Traction Ltd. W.G. Bagnall Ltd. was established in 1870 in Castle Street. Bagnall's first locomotive was produced in 1875, ...

Engines, Dorman and Co. Ltd., Stafford

Founded by William Henry Dorman in 1870 on Foregate Street, Dorman's began by manufacturing cutting tools for the footwear industry, but soon began to produce more specialised machinery such as printing, ...

English Electric Co. staff, Stafford

3rd from left in the middle row is Charles Pearson. Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. The ...

English Electric Bowls Club, Stafford

The Bowls Club formed part of the Social & Athletic Association (Social Club) at English Electric Co., Stafford. This photograph shows one of the Bowling Greens and the club building at Stychfields, adjacent ...

English Electric Co Glover Street, Stafford

Pictured is John Underhill by a mercury arc rectifier development anode at the High Voltage Test facility at Glover Street in Stafford. This Anode was to be used on the Nelson River DC Link in Canada. ...

English Electric Co. at Meaford Power Station

A visit by the English Electric Co. Stafford, Engineering Society, to Meaford Generating Station. The much smaller 'A' station opened in 1947 and ceased generation in 1974 and was demolished in 1982. 'B' ...

English Electric Co. Engineering Training Pieces, Stafford

Steel die holder tool made by Mr D.T. Greatorex at English Electric Co. Ltd. Training School, Stafford. The three screws seen in the photograph are used to clamp the die in place. Dies are used ...

English Electric Co. Home Guard Platoon, Stafford

Standing at the back, 5th from right (indicated by arrow) is Arthur Chatfield.

English Electric Co. Staff, Stafford,

Group portrait of the machine erecting staff, English Electric Co. In 1918 Siemen's engineering works merged with several companies, including Dick, Kerr and Co., Dorman's and Bagnall's to become the ...

English Electric Co. Stafford and Tanks

A “Cromwell” tank made by the English Electric Co. (identified by its number) on active service in France. During World War II, the English Electric Co. Ltd placed its accumulated experience and engineering ...

English Electric Co. Stafford and Tanks

The English Electric Co. commenced the manufacture of the all-welded “Comet” tank after receiving a contract for 200. The “Comet” a descendant of the “Cromwell” had heavier armour and a more powerful ...