Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 10 168 Records Found

St. Chad's Church, Slindon

A postcard view looking towards the chancel and east window. Victorian St. Chad's was designed by Basil Champneys for John Salt, a member of the local banking family. The church was built in 1894, ...

St. Editha's Church Interior, Church Eaton,

St. Editha's Church is built from local sandstone. The earliest part of the building is the tower, which dates from the twelfth century. The stone spire is believed to have been built in the fourteenth ...

St. Edward Street, Leek

The street, formerly known as Spout Street, has always been one one of the busiest roads in town. Many of Leek' s finest buildings can be found along here, including two mock Tudor structures, Spout Hall, ...

St. Edward the Confessor, Hollow Lane, Cheddleton

The original church of Edward the Confessor was built in the thirteenth century, although it has undergone various alterations over the centuries. The arcade and chancel are two of the oldest features ...

St. Edward's Church, Leek

The Parish Church of St. Edward the Confessor is Leek's only medieval church, dedicated to Edward, King of England between 1042-1066. The original Norman church was burnt down in 1297, and re-built in ...

St. Edward's Church, Leek

The Parish Church of St. Edward the Confessor is Leek's only medieval church, dedicated to Edward, King of England between 1042-1066. The original Norman church was burnt down in 1297, and re-built in ...

St. Edward's Parish Church, Church Street, Leek

Interior view of the church, looking past the pews towards the pulpit, altar and stained glass windows.

St. Giles' Roman Catholic Church, Cheadle

A postcard view of the Interior of the Roman Catholic Church of St. Giles, with a part view of the chancel arch, rood screen and wall paintings. Designed by A.W.N. Pugin and built in 1841-6 for the 16th ...

St. Giles', Great Longstone. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St. Giles' Church, Great Longstone, Derbyshire.

St. Gregory's Church, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St. Gregory's Church, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

St. Gregory's, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at St. Gregory's, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

St. James' Chapel, Salt,

St. James' Chapel was built in 1842 by the Earl of Talbot. The stone came from Weston quarry.

St. James' Church interior, Cotes Heath

St. James' Church was built in 1837 to designs by Andrew Capper. It was extended in 1891

St. James' Church Interior. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St. James' Church, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

St. James' Church. The Children's Corner. Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view of the Children's Corner at the Church of St. James the Less, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The church was designed by local builder and architect ...

St. James the Less Church, Longton

Interior view of St. James the Less, the parish church of Longton. A large Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by Thomas Johnson of Lichfield at a cost of £10,000. It was built to meet the ...

St. James, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St. Jame's Church, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

St. James, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St. Jame's Church, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.