Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 24 420 Records Found

Destruction of an old Colliery Stack on Sandford Hill. May 1st 1913. Photographed by William Blake.

Chimney demolition taken at Sandford Hill on May 1st 1913.

Dilhorne Endowed Primary School

The Victorian school building is thought to date from the late 1870s and is still in use.

Dilhorne Endowed Primary School

End elevation of the school showing cellar access and the linking passage to a new building at the rear.

Dimmock's, Stafford Street, Hanley

The felling of Dimmock's chimney, June 15th 1905. The Dimmock's building stood between Stafford Street and Cheapside in Hanley centre. This is the site of the old skating rink.

District Hospital, Rugeley

The Rugeley District 'Cottage' Hospital and Provident Dispensary was built by public subscription in 1871 after the designs of W. A. Bonney C.E. and stood on Brereton Road on land donated by the Earl ...

Doctor's House, Great Haywood,

Doveridge Hall, near Uttoxeter

A postcard view of the east front of Doveridge Hall, in Derbyshire, which was built in 1769 by Edward Stevens for Sir Henry Cavendish. It was the residence of Lord Waterpark in the early 20th century. ...

Downing's Blurton Tilery, Stoke-on-Trent

G H Downing's Blurton Tileries just after closure in 1964. A view of the beehive ovens, chimneys and roofing tile stock for sale. The photograph as taken just west of Ballinson Road, looking north east ...

Downing's Blurton Tilery, Stoke-on-Trent

G H Downing's Blurton Tileries just after closure in 1964. A view of the beehive ovens, chimneys and roofing tile stock for sale. The photograph as taken just west of Ballinson Road, looking north east ...

Elizabethan cottage, Horsefair, Rugeley

Rugeley would once have had many timber-framed cottages, most of which were lost in the extensive fires of 1646 and 1708. This thatched cottage stood in the site now occupied by James Furnishers. On ...

Engraving of Bellamour Hall, Colton

A photograph of a mid-19th century engraving of Bellamour Hall, Colton. The Hall was built in 1796 by the widowed Lady Blount for her son Edward and stoodt near an early 17th century hall built by Sir ...

Etruria Canal and Steel Works. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Trent & Mersey Canal and a steel manufacturing site, including a steam crane and workers. Taken at Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Etruria Forges. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Trent & Mersey Canal and a steel manufacturing site. Taken at Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Etruria Gas Works, Stoke on Trent

Overview of Etruria Gas Works with Stoke-on-Trent beyond. The gas works opened in 1904. The large gas holder back left was dismantled in 1991.

Etruria Steel Works. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Trent & Mersey Canal and a steel manufacturing site. Taken at Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Etruria Steel Works. Photographed by William Blake.

Industrial scene taken at Etruria Steel Works in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This view includes the Trent & Mersey Canal, a steam engine and workers tipping molten waste known as slag.

Evode Chemical Works Ltd., Stafford,

The Common Road site. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers. In 1938 the company, ...

Fernhill House, Forton,