Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 81 1453 Records Found

Bowls players, Milford

Bowls players taking drinks. Charlie Pye, the landlord of the Barley Mow, is standing back left. The bowling green was laid in the 1880s by Charley Pye, a keen bowls player. It was the home of Milford ...

Bowls players, Milford

Bowls players taking drinks. The bowling green was laid in the 1880s by the landlord of the Barley Mow, Charley Pye, a keen bowls player. It was the home of Milford and Stafford Bowling Club.

Boxing match, Woodseaves area

An impromptu outdoor boxing match. Please contact us if you recognise the people and place. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Bradley, near Stafford

A postcard view from Almshouse Croft looking towards Chapel Lane (left) and Church Lane (right), with St. Mary and All Saints' Church in the distance and the Red Lion public house centre right. This ...

Braiding Machine Room, Job White & Sons Ltd, Compton Mills, Leek

Brass Rubbing. Photographed by William Blake.

Photograph of a mediaeval brass rubbing displaying various coats of arms and a man and woman from the aristocracy.

Brassington Bros., Campbell Place, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph showing one of the Brassington Brothers shoe shops is thought to have been taken between 1920 and 1935. It is situated in Campbell Place, Stoke. Notice how the window area is used to a ...

Bratt and Dyke staff outing

Staff from Bratt and Dyke's Hanley Department Store on an outing. Standing back left is Company Director Oliver Dyke. Draper Oliver Dyke opened a shop in Hanley in 1890 with the financial support ...

Bread queue in Market Square, Stafford

A queue outside the Guild Hall, Stafford, during World War I, waiting for bread tickets. This photograph shows Averil's chemists shop, Boots' chemists , Astons and Sons Ltd Furniture shop and the Guildhall. This ...

Brereton village

A postcard view of Main Road, Brereton looking south-east towards Lichfield. On the right is the Church of England school building which replaced an earlier school on the same site It was opened in ...

Brewery staff day trip, Burton upon Trent

A postcard view of Bass brewery staff pictured in Burton-upon-Trent on their way to or returning from a day trip Photographer: J.S. Simnett, Burton upon Trent

Brewood Hall

Brewood Hall became the seat of William, son of Roger Fowke during the reign of Edward IV (1461-1483). It later belonged to the Monckton family and in 1930 Major R.F.P. Monckton sold it to Mr C.O. Langley. ...

Brewster & Co., Tailors and Outfitters, 49 Market Place, Uttoxeter

Advertisement for Brewsters who were renowned locally for their made to measure suits. Mr John Henry Brewster was a tailor and outfitter whose first premises were on Carter Street. He moved to this shop ...

Bridgeford Players’ production of ‘The Poltergeist’, Great Bridgeford

A scene from the Bridgeford Players’ production of Frank Harvey’s comedy ‘The Poltergeist’. Left to right: Cyril Whitehouse, John Bedford, Beryl Whitehouse, Gwyneth Williams, Barbara Macleod and James ...

British Friesian Show & Sale, Uttoxeter

Mr & Mrs J.W. Warrington holding the Warringtons cup. They are pictured with a prizewinning friesian, Mr. Hughes and two other un-named gentlemen at W.S. Bagshaw & Sons.

British Legion presentation, Ex-Servicemens Club, Anglesey Street, Hednesford

Mr A.P. Latham is presented with a gift on his retirement as President of the British Legion. From right to left are: Clarry Kelsey, ?, ?, ?, Russ Cowdell (presenting the gift), Major Fowkes, Archie ...

Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Broadway roundabout at Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The King's Arms public house is to the left of the picture and a double decker bus can be seen coming round the ...