Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Food & Drink Production
Page 6 of 26 451 Records Found

Catering course at Rodbaston Agricultural College

Rodbaston College's origins lie in 1919 when the War Agricultural Committee opened an agricultural training depot. In 1921 it became Rodbaston Farm Institute, which was run by the County Council. It was ...

Caudwell's Bakery, College Road, Shelton

Caudwell's Victoria Bakery on College Road opposite Hanley Park. The bakery was built sometime before 1924 and ceased production in 1968. The bakery has been demolished and the land is now the site of ...

Celebrating a cooper's 21st birthday, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

Coopers standing in the Middle Yard, with the boilerhouse in the background. The two young men on the front row were celebrating their 21st birthdays, as shown on the cask head which they were holding. ...

Central Racking Room construction, Middle Brewery, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

Alterations taking place at the Middle Ale stores, including the construction of a canopy on the side of the stores. In the background on Station Street is Grants of St. James' building.

Charles Bunting Ltd., Brewery, Uttoxeter

An advertising plate for the company showing the premises from High Street.

Charles Hales butcher's shop, Brownhills

Charles Hales (right) and staff standing outside his butchers shop, stocked up for Christmas. Born in 1904, Charles Henry Hales butcher's shop was at 54 High Street, Brownhills in 1939. By 1958 he had ...

Charles Hales butcher's, Cannock

Photograph shows Charles Hales standing outside his stall at Cannock No.1 Market. A market trader since 1928, Charles was reported to be the 'World Egg Swallowing Champion'. It was said that In Tokyo ...

Checking casks in the ale stores, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

Mr L.J. Ward using a forked peg extractor to change the pegs in casks during secondary fermentation in the ale stores.

Cherry Orchard icecream factory, Meaford

Cherry Orchard Ices Ltd. were based in the stable block at Meaford Hall. Previously based in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Tunstall, the factory part of the business moved to Meaford in 1949.The company also ...

Chilling plant, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

A man opening a valve to one of a row of large tanks in the chilling plant.

Church Lane, Stafford,

The building on the left was built in the sixteenth century. When this photograph was taken it was used as a bakery. Mr Bradley opened his wireless shop here in the 1920s. Photograph donated by ...

Clarence Street Brewery, Burton-on-Trent

After the death of Peter Walker, the brewery's founder, the business was managed by trustees.

Clarence Street Maltings, Burton-on-Trent

The frontage of Clarence Street Maltings showing the goat vane over the kiln.

Clay's Butchers Shop Front, Stafford,

Clay's butchers shop was located at 90 Foregate Street. This photograph was taken at Christmas time.

Clayton Lane from Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking southwards along Clayton Lane from close to the junmction with the A34 (Newcastle Road). On the left are bakery buildings, at the time of the photograph, Birkett & Roberts Trent Vale Bakery, producing ...

Coates Butchers, Main Street, Alrewas

Coates' Butchers shop on Main Road, Alrewas. This separate premises is to the left rear of the main butcher's premises on the street.

Coates Butchers, Main Street, Alrewas

Coates' Butchers shop on Main Road. Note the separate premises to the left rear with the sign which has the date '1867'. Now (in 2013) the main shop's signage reads 'P. Coates and Son - Quality Meats', ...

Codd mineral water bottle, W.D.B. Batkin, Stafford

This Codd bottle is made of green tinged glass, and is moulded in the side. It was used by W.D.B. Batkin Ltd, mineral water manufacturers based at 13 Gaol Road, Stafford. Designed by Hiram Codd, this ...