Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Construction & Demolition
Page 6 of 18 307 Records Found

Demolition of Longton Hall

Photograph taken during demolition. Longton Hall was rebuilt in a grand country house style in the 1770s. The Hall belonged to the Foley family, Lords of the Manor in Longton from the 17th century ...

Demolition of Longton Hall

The demolition of the facade. Longton Hall was rebuilt in a grand country house style in the 1770s. The Hall belonged to the Foley family, Lords of the Manor in Longton from the 17th century until ...

Demolition of Longton Hall

Photograph taken during demolition. Longton Hall was rebuilt in a grand country house style in the 1770s. The Hall belonged to the Foley family, Lords of the Manor in Longton from the 17th century ...

Demolition of Magistrates' Court, Stafford

Looking east along South Walls in Stafford towards the former Magistrates' Court building. On the left is a glimpse of Staffordshire Place and in the background there is the BT Telephone Exchange. Construction ...

Demolition of Railway Bridge, Bridge Street, Uttoxeter.

The demolition of the original railway bridge, built in the 1880s. A replacement bridge was already in place before the old structure was pulled down.

Demolition of Railway Bridge, Hopton Lane, Hopton

Pictured is the demolition of the Stafford-Uttoxeter line railway bridge which stood at the junction of Hopton Lane and Sandon Road (B5066), near Hopton, Stafford. The Stafford-Uttoxeter line opened ...

Demolition of Ravenhill House, Brereton

Ravenhill House was demolished in 1993, during the transition from its ownership by Thorn EMI Electronics Plc and the management buy-out by P.M.E.S. Ltd. (Power, Magnetics & Electronics Systems) as a ...

Demolition of Rugeley Town Hall and Market Hall

This photograph captures the demolition of Rugeley Town Hall and the Market Hall which were built on the site of the Shoulder of Mutton Inn. The Public Buildings also housed meeting rooms and, until ...

Demolition of Slitting Mill Post Office and Stores

Demolition of Slitting Mill's only Post Office and stores which was run by M. L. Evans. This made way for a road and small housing development now called 'Millside'.

Demolition of St Leonards Works, Stafford

A view of St Leonard’s Works, Stafford during demolition. St Leonard’s Works in Stafford was originally built in the 1960s during English Electric’s ownership. The site became part of GEC (The General ...

Demolition of the B.R.C. Factory, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

Demolition of the Delhi Maltings, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

View of the "Delhi Front". The picture shows a good section through the structure, with a steep wall visible on the ground floor. A wagon turntable is visible in the foreground.

Demolition of the Gate-house, Stafford Gaol,

The prison gate-house was demolished in 1952 in order to widen Gaol Road. The new gate-house, seen on the left, was built by the prisoners before the old one was destroyed.

Demolition of the GE (General Electric) Main Works, Stafford

This view looks south-east towards Queensville and shows demolition work in progress at the former GE (General Electric) Main Works site on Lichfield Road, Stafford. At the time this picture was taken ...

Demolition of the Old Guildhall, Stafford

The original Guildhall was built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. By the 1930s a new police station was needed and one was constructed ...

Demolition of the Old Guildhall, Stafford

The original Guildhall was built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. By the 1930s a new police station was needed and one was constructed ...

Demolition of Trentham Hall

A postcard view of demolition in progress at Trentham Hall in May 1912. In the centre just behind the ruin is St. Mary and All Saints Church which is still standing. This postcard photograph was taken ...

Demolition of Trentham Hall

A postcard view of demolition in progress at Trentham Hall in May 1912. To the left is St. Mary and All Saints Church which is still standing.