Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 16 272 Records Found

Harvey's Chimney, Longton

Photograph taken from Bass Bank, near the signal box, west of Longton Station. Harvey's chimney was a well known Longton landmark until it was demolished in 1962. It stood 213 feet high.

Hednesford views

An unusually decorative postcard with two unrelated views of Hednesford and area: Stafford Lane, Hednesford and Moors Gorse Waterworks pumping station.

Hednesford views

A colour-tinted postcard featuring five views of Hednesford: Water Works at Morse Gorse; Anglesey Hotel, Market Street, Hednesford; St Peter's Church, Church Hill, Hednesford; West Hill, Hednesford; looking ...

Herringbone Cottage, Shallowford,

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

High Green Conduit, Cannock

This hexagonal stone building is the Conduit, which housed the outlet of the town's water supply, piped from a spring on Rummer Hill. The Cannock Conduit Trust was formed in 1735 to bring fresh drinking ...

High Green, Cannock,

The hexagonal stone building is the Conduit, which housed the outlet of the town's water supply, piped from a spring on Rummer Hill.

High Street, Caverswall

High Street, Caverswall, looking north. A photograph taken by Longtom photographer, William Blake.

Hinksford Waterworks, near Kinver

Hopwas Pumping Station

Built 1879 to supply mains water to Tamworth. Disused since 1962. It was converted into residences in 2005. 'Spruce' is one of two 50HP 'housebuilt' single cylinder, condensing, rotative water pumping ...

Huntington Pumping Station, Huntington

The station was built and used by the South Staffordshire Water Company in the mid to late 1850s. In front of the Main Building are the steam operated beam pumping engines, with the chimney to the ...

Hydroelectric water turbine, Biddulph Grange Park

A cast iron pipe runs from the fish pond and the weight of the falling water turns the turbine blades, which in turn drive the generator. The electricity generated powers the lighting of the National ...

Ice House at Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

Corridor and steps leading to the ice chamber in the Ice House at Crakemarsh Hall showing the brickwork of the chamber through the open door. The Ice House was restored by John Walker of Uttoxeter in ...

Inauguration of the New Sewage Disposal Works, Stafford,

The Chairman turns on the main valve at Brancote Gorse Sewage Disposal Works. He is watched by Mayor W.T. Richardson. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ...

Ingestre and Weston Railway Station,

Platform for Uttoxeter at Ingestre and Weston Station on the Stafford and Uttoxeter line. When this photograph was taken the station no longer served passenger trains. Ingestre and Weston Railway ...

Installation of the Main Sewage System, Milwich,

Prior to 1984 Milwich was not served by the main sewage system. This photograph was taken on Main Street.

Installing Electric Cables in Market Square Stafford

This photograph showing a large trench the high street was taken during the period that the additional cables were being added to cope with the decision to double voltage. If you look carefully at the ...

Junction of Foregate Street and Glover Street, Stafford,

View of the junction at Foregate and Glover Streets, looking towards Gaol Square. The white building on the right was used by Brookfield's as a warehouse. The red brick building on the left is part ...

Lamb Inn, Stafford

The Lamb Inn on Broad Street. Behind the inn can be seen the gasometer of the Chell Road gas works.