Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 6 of 81 1449 Records Found

Bode's Cycle Shop, Ashbourne Road, Leek

Ferdinand Bode began making and repairing bicycles in the 1910s. Later, some general engineering work was undertaken for local textile firms and the company introduced several innovative technical improvements ...

Bolebridge Street, Tamworth

Looking north-west along Bolebridge Street in Tamworth. The pinnacles of St. Editha's Church tower can be seen in the background. Shops visible include the Daintie Shop (knitting and sewing supplies), ...

Bomb damage to Richards' Butcher's Shop, High Street, Burton-on-Trent

Scene showing the destruction of the zeppelin raid on Messrs. Richards' butcher's shop, 156-7 High Street. A few of the butcher's pigs were killed but the horse escaped.

Bon Marche, General Store, Upper Tean

This view of the centre of Upper Tean shows the Bon Marche General Store on the right angle bend of the old A50 road (now the A522). To the right is Uttoxeter Road, and behind the camera is the High Street, ...

Bon Marche, Tean

Pictured are members of the Johnson family outside the Bon Marche General Stores on the corner of Hollington Road and Uttoxeter Road in Upper Tean. With Frances Verian Johnson (then aged 52) are her daughters ...

Boote's Tile Works, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Looking along Waterloo Road up towards Swan Square in Burslem. The large building on the right, on the corner of Zion Street (previously Regent Street), was the Waterloo Pottery operated by T & R Boote, ...

Boots' Chemists and the Post Office, Stafford,

The General Post Office moved from Eastgate Street to this building on Market Square in 1867. It remained here until 1914, when it relocated to Chetwynd House on Greengate Street.

Boots the Chemist, Stafford,

This building on Market Square housed Elliot and Co. Gents Outfitters until c.1900, when it became Boots the Chemist. In the 1960s the building, along with the timber framed building on the left known ...

Boots the Chemist, Subscription Library, Uttoxeter

An interior view of the Subscription Library which was run by Boots the Chemist at their premises on High Street, Uttoxeter. This library closed in the mid 1950s. From left to right: Cynthia Yates, ...

Bore Street looking towards the Guildhall, Lichfield

The Old Crown Hotel can be seen on the left hand side of the street, with Edgar's Studio on the right. The Crown Hotel was demolished in 1983 and in 2003 the site was occupied by Dolland and Aitchinson ...

Borough Road, Burton-on-Trent

View of Borough Road, with the Town Hall and St. Paul's Church in the far distance. A tram is approaching Station Bridge.

Bourne & Talbot, grocers and bakers, Eccleshall

Bourne & Talbot's grocers, bakers and confectioners shop on High Street, Eccleshall. The shop opened by 1908 and in 1920 J.E. Bourne sold his business to the Stafford Industrial Co-operative Society. Image ...

Bow Street, Rugeley

A postcard view of Bow Street, looking towards the Market Place. On the left, at No. 2 Bow Street, is the British & Colonial meat Co., butchers.

Boydon's Butchers Shop, Stafford,

Mr R. Boydon in the doorway of his butcher's shop on the corner of Marston Road and Lovatt Street. The building is now used by an insurance brokers.

Boydon's Butcher's Shop, Stafford,

Mr S. Boydon, the butcher, standing outside his shop on the corner of Marston Road and Lovatt Street. The building is now an insurance brokers.

Bradley's Outfitters, Stone

Bradley's Ouitfitters shop stood on the corner of Lichfield Road and Church Street.

Bradley's Tailor's Shop, Uttoxeter

Bradley's had shops in Stafford (Market Square) and Uttoxeter. This shop stood at 19 Market Place, Uttoxeter. In the 1960s the manager was Wesley Hodgkinson. In 2003 it is a P.D.S.A. (People's Dispensary ...

Bradley's Wireless Shop, Stafford,

This sixteenth century building on Church Lane was originally a bakery. It was opened as a wireless shop by Mr Bradley in the 1920s. In later years housed an antiques shop and the Sheriff's Office....