Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 10 167 Records Found

Odeon Cinema, Trinity Street, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the entrance to Piccadilly Arcade looking west along Trinity Street. The Art Deco style Odeon Cinema stood on the corner of Lower Foundry Street. Opened in 1938, this was ...

Office Scene.

Pottery factory offices and office workers. Taken at The Co-op Wholesale Society Factory, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph is ...

Office, 2 Crabbery Street, Stafford,

Office in Crabbery Chambers. The office belonged to Staffordshire County Council Register Office and Transport Department, and the Staffordshire Association for Mental Welfare. On the ground floor ...

Office, Siemens Engineering Works, Stafford,

Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. The company manufactured generators, electric motors and ...

Officers and Service Personnel at RAF Stafford

Service personnel gathered for the photographer at an unidentified event at RAF Stafford. RAF Stafford was formed 1 December 1939 following the purchase by the Treasury of 362 acres of land near Stafford. ...

Offices of Joules Brewery, Stone,

Offices of Joules Brewery in High Street. Francis Joule came into possession of the White House Inn and brewhouse at Stone in 1758. Nine years later he demolished the inn and built a house, which ...

Offices, Universal Wheel Grinding Co., Stafford,

The Universal Grinding Wheel Co. was established on Doxey Road in 1913. The offices opened on 21st January 1938. The Accounts Department is to the top right of the office building. By the 1970s the ...

Official Opening of Stone Job Centre

The Mayor of Stone, Councillor Leslie Watson is pictured addressing invited guests at the official opening of the Job Centre, 35 High Street, Stone. In the background are advertising boards with cards ...

Old Art School, London Road, Stoke-on-Trent

In the foreground is the Herbert Minton building, formerly Stoke School of Science and Art, later just School of Art. The building dates from around 1853 and was erected as a monument to the potter Herbert ...

Old Road Cottages, Armitage

A view of cottages in Old Road, Armitage and on the left is a glimpse of offices at the Armitage Shanks Works. They are no longer in existence.

Old Town Clerk's Office, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Photograph of the Old Town Clerk's office which was located on the High Street. The Town Clerk was the senior administrative officer in the Borough.

On the corner of Pinnox Street and Scotia Road, Tunstall

The camera is looking west along Pinnox Street from the junction with Scotia Road. The bridge (now demolished) in the foreground carried the Potteries Loop Line over Pinnox Street. The "half timbered" ...

Pall Mall, Hanley

The view up Pall Mall from the Piccadilly corner. Pall Mall as a street dates from at least 1818 when it was known as New Street and this area of town was part of Shelton. Right at the top is Hanley ...

Pelsall Road, Brownhills

The last two buildings to the right of this delightful postcard still exist (2018). The one facing, far right, was built as the offices of Brownhills Board of Health in 1882 on Chester Road opposite the ...

Photography Float, Stafford Pageant,

The annual Stafford Pageant included a procession through the town, and ended with a fair on the town common. A prize was awarded to the best decorated entries and along the route collections were made ...

Police Information Room, Baswich House, Stafford

The interior of the information room at the Staffordshire Police Headquarters,at Baswich house, Weeping Cross, Stafford. The Information Room took all 999 calls and had radio contact with the patrol ...

Post Office Training Centre, Yarnfield

Geoff Monkman is pictured at the Post Office Training Centre where he was the Hostel Manager. He managed a small army of catering staff and housekeeping staff for the student accommodation. The Catering ...

Pottery Workers' Society offices, Hillcrest Street, Hanley

The Pottery Workers' Society building dates from 1907 and stood in Hillcrest Street (then called Hill Street) on land that had once been part of the Old Hall Manufactory. The Society represented many ...