Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 12 208 Records Found

Parkgate Lodge, Teddesley Park

Teddesley Hall was built some time between 1742 and 1754 by Sir Edward Littleton, 4th baronet, and was designed by Charles Cope Trubshaw of Little Haywood. After the death of the 3rd Baron Littleton ...

Parkgate Lodge, Weston

Members of Staffordshire Industrial Archaeology pictured at the derelict early 19th century Parkgate Lodge at the entrance to the carriage drive to Ingestre Hall.

Patshull Park - Lodge: sepia wash drawing

'Lodge in Patshul (sic) Park, Staffordshrie on nearly the highest part of the Park.' Showing a half-timber building in ruins, with what appears to be ivy obscuring the doorway, which is between two side ...

Pepperpot Lodge, Tixall

Photograph of the Pepper Pot Lodge at Tixall before restoration. It was built where the drive from Tixall Hall crossed the Stafford to Great Haywood road, and could possibly have been used as a toll ...

Pillaton Hall Gatehouse, Penkridge

Pillaton Hall was rebuilt in brick by the Littleton family in the late 15th century, on the moated site of an earlier hall. Only the gatehouse range now remains, the rest having been largely demolished, ...

Pillaton Old Hall, near Penkridge

This postcard view shows the Grade II listed Pillaton Old Hall which was rebuilt in brick by the Littleton family in the late 15th century, on the moated site of an earlier hall. Only the gatehouse range ...

Pillaton Old Hall, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the Grade II listed Pillaton Old Hall which was rebuilt in brick by the Littleton family in the late 15th century, on the moated site of an earlier hall. Only the gatehouse range ...

Pillaton Old Hall, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the Grade II listed Pillaton Old Hall which was rebuilt in brick by the Littleton family in the late 15th century, on the moated site of an earlier hall. Only the gatehouse range ...

Porter' s Lodge, Abbey Gateway, Burton Abbey

The Lodge with a cottage built onto it. The Lodge's walls are a mixture of stonework and brick. A hand-written note on the mount says,"No.3 on plan". The building was demolished in 1926.

Porter' s Lodge, Abbey Gateway, Burton Abbey

The Lodge with a cottage built onto it. The Lodge's walls are a mixture of stonework and brick. The building was demolished in 1926. Copyright; Burton Library Lantern slide

Postcard showing the entrance to Patshull Hall, Patshull

The Astley family owned the Manor of Patshull since the 15th Century, and in 1734 Sir John Astley commissioned James Gibbs to design a new mansion to the north of the earlier house. Gibbs designed the ...

Quixhill Lodges

The entrance to Quixhill Drive, formerly one of the entrances to the Alton Towers estate. It consists of two widely-spaced lodges with Tuscan columns, with a central freestanding stone archway in between, ...

Ranton Abbey Lodge,

The remains of Ranton Abbey are situated one mile to the west of Ranton, in a private wooded park. The fifteenth century church tower still survives. The abbey was an Augustinian house, founded in ...

Round House, Cheadle

The Round House was formerly the entrance lodge to 'The Croft', a doctor's residence on Prince George's Street, Cheadle.

Ruins of Hamstall Hall, Hamstall Ridware

Watercolour painting by John Louis Petit, showing the gateway of Hamstall Hall, with the spire of St Michaels & All Angels Church, Hamstall Ridware in the left background. Dimensions: height - 190mm, ...

Sandon - Monument to William Pitt: sepia wash drawing

'Sandon Monument. Erected in 1806 to the memory of the Right Hon. W. Pitt.' Showing a distant view of monument (in grounds), from the road by the entrance gate. Artist: 'T. P. W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]...

Sandon Hall,

The original moated Sandon Old Hall was acquired by the Erdeswick family in 1338, but was sold to Lord Harrowby in 1776. The original building no longer remains, but was still standing in 1852. By this ...

Sandon Village

In the centre is one of the two Stafford Lodges at the gateway to Sandon Hall. The triple chimney on the left belongs to Seven Stars Cottage. The Dog and Doublet is at the extreme right-hand edge. Postcard ...