Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 6 of 10 166 Records Found

Masonic Hall, Stafford,

This building on Gaol Road was built in 1849 as a Methodist New Connexion Chapel. The chapel closed in 1951 and the building is now used as a Masonic Hall.

Memorial Hall, Eccleshall

The Memorial Hall, formerly the National School, at the junction of Kerry Lane and Church Street, Eccleshall. The National School was built in 1862. The school closed in 1928 and was used as a social ...

Miss Jean Exton, "Miss Co-operator", Stafford

The sash of office for “Miss Co-operator 1952” is being presented to Miss Jean Exton, aged 17, by one of the judges, Mr S H Adamson, at a function held at the Stafford Assembly Rooms on Saturday 11 October. ...

Miss M M Stichling, Dancing Teacher, Stafford

Miss M M Stichling celebrates her 40th year as a Dancing Teacher with her Studio School, which was Stafford’s oldest established Dancing School. She is pictured with some of her pupils. Miss Stichling ...

Mr H Golombek, Chess Grandmaster, Stafford

International chess master, Mr Harry Golombek, makes a move in his display at Stafford’s Earl Street Institute, when he played simultaneously 30 opponents from the Stafford and English Electric Chess ...

Municipal Hall, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A close up view of the Municipal Hall just prior to its demolition in January 1966.

Municipal Hall, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Municipal Hall was built, between 1888 and 1890, to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It was built in red brick with a facade containing life size figures that represented art, literature, ...

Municipal Hall, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A view of the Municipal Hall taken from Queen's Gardens. The Gardens were laid out in 1897 on land that had been bought by public subscription, in order to celebrate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee.The ...

Municipal Hall, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Painted in 1965 by Jack Clarkson this picture shows the magnificent Municipal Hall in Newcastle-under-Lyme. Demolished in 1967 the Hall was replaced by Newcastle library. To the left of the painting the ...

Nelson Place, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This part of Newcastle was originally a marsh that was drained during the 18th century to create new land on which to build. Nelson Place was created to provide a central point at which six roads met. ...

Nelson Place, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This part of Newcastle was originally a marsh that was drained during the 18th century to create new land on which to build. Nelson Place was created to provide a central point at which six roads met. ...

Norton and Ball Green Community Centre, Stoke-on-Trent

The Community Centre is on St Nicholas Avenue. In the 1960s Stoke on Trent Council had a policy of building community centres and the Norton centre was one of the first, opening in 1962.

Oddfellows Hall, Greengate Street, Stafford

View of the Oddfellows Hall building, used for a variety of community activities including art exhibitions and record (vinyl) fairs. On the lower floor, part of the building is occupied by a key cutting/shoe ...

Old Drill Hall, Corporation Street, Tamworth

The Drill Hall was built in 1911 and was opened on 20th December 1911 by the Lord Lieutenant of the County, the Earl of Darmouth. The Hall was used by the Tamworth North Staffs Territorial Army for drill ...

Old village hall, Pattingham

This village hall was a timber building, built between 1922-1925, on land donated by Lord Dartmouth. It was replaced in 1966.

Opening of Fulford village hall, Fulford

The people pictured on this occasion (from left to right) are Roy Emery, Mr Hughes, Norman Bedson, Mrs Hughes, Arthur Leese and RD Wilkinson. Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local ...

Opening of St. Michael's Scout Hut, Stone,

St. Michael's scout hut was on Walton Common.

Opening of the Grimwade Memorial Hall, Forsbrook

This is the grand opening of the Hall in 1900. The hall was built by the New Connexion Methodists from land acquired by Sidney R. Grimwade, a pottery manufacturer, to commemorate the loss of his daughter. ...