Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Religious Buildings > Vicarages & Rectories
Page 6 of 6 108 Records Found

The Tanner family, Fazeley House, Fazeley

Rev. Robert Henry Tanner, Vicar of Fazeley from 1869 to 1909, pictured with his wife, members of his family and others in the garden of the Fazeley House off Coleshill Street, Fazeley during a game of ...

The Terrace, Cheadle

The steps on the left lead to a solicitor's office. This pathway was formerly the approach to the old parish church (1340-1837), and behind the trees is part of the churchyard. The trees were taken down ...

The Vicarage, Barlaston. Photographed by William Blake.

View of The Vicarage, Barlaston, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The Vicarage, Brewood

The Vicarage was built as a private house, 'Elmsley', in 1860 by the Rev. A.B. Haden. It was bought by the Rev. E.J. Wrottesley in 1863 who adopted it as the vicarage.

The Vicarage, Colwich

This Victorian vicarage belonged to St. Michael and All Angels Church, which was built on the site of an Anglo-Saxon church. The vicarage was demolished in the 1970s and a modern house now stands on the ...

The Vicarage, Colwich

This Victorian vicarage belonged to St. Michael and All Angels Church. The vicarage was sold by the Church Commissioners in the 1950s and was bought by John and Bertha Bowen. The vicarage was demolished ...

The Vicarage, Eccleshall

The Old Vicarage on Vicarage Close was built in 1703. The building has not been used as a vicarage since the 1940s, and has now been converted into flats. This view shows the bay window looking out ...

The Vicarage, Eccleshall

This postcard view of the Vicarage in Eccleshall was franked on 1 May 1906 in Eccleshall and sent to an address in Stafford. The Old Vicarage on Vicarage Close was built in 1703. The building has not ...

The Vicarage, Great Wyrley

The vicarage was built in the 1840s. From 1876 to 1918 it was the home of Reverend Shapurji Edalji and his family. Born in Bombay (Mumbai), India in 1843, he converted to Christianity and was appointed ...

The Vicarage, Hoar Cross

This building is also thought to be by G.F. Bodley, who designed the church. It is an unusual one and a half storey design, with shaped gables. The house has large chimney stacks, which are also circular ...

The Vicarage, Stowe by Chartley

The Vicarage was built in 1895 and was the home of Rev. Walter Kyte Coles at the time of this photograph. Postcard published by Raphael Tuck & Son Ltd., London.

The Vicarage, Tittensor

Tittensor Vicarage was designed by the Duke of Sutherland’s architect and surveyor at Trentham, Thomas Roberts and was built in 1881-1882. Materials from the demolished Tittensor Manor were incorporated ...

Tittensor - Fireplace from Manor House: water colour painting

'The Fireplace from the old Manor House at Tittensor as it now is in Tittensor Vicarage. The Duke of Sutherland had it placed there, as also the oak panelling (from the Manor) which replaced the original ...

Tixall Rectory

An early photograph of Tixall Rectory. The woman in the foreground is Mary Webb.

Vicarage, Castle Church, Stafford,

The vicarage at Castle Church. Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547.

Vicarage, Fulford,

Vicarage, Weston,

View of the Vicarage porch, Pattingham