Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Churchyards & Cemeteries
Page 6 of 19 340 Records Found

Draycott Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at St. Margaret's Church, Church Lane, Draycott, Staffordshire.

Draycott Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at St. Margaret's Church, Church Lane, Draycott, Staffordshire.

Eccleshall Road Cemetery, Stafford

A four acre cemetery was opened on Eccleshall Road in Stafford in 1856. Over the years it has been extended several times and had reached 20 acres by 1940. The cemetery was designed with two chapels, ...

Eccleshall Road, Tillington, Stafford

A postcard view of a quiet scene looking northwest along the Eccleshall Road, Stafford. On the left is the tree lined boundary wall and railings of Stafford Cemetery. In later years the stone wall ...

Ellenhall Church, Eccleshall

The tower of the church dates from 1757. St. Mary's was restored in 1886. This postcard view was published by E. J. Hurlstone, Eccleshall, Staffordshire.

Endon Church

A view of St. Luke's Church from the south east. The tower probably dates from the 17th century and the rest was built in 1876-79 to designs by J. Beardmore.

Endon Church

A view of St. Luke's Church from the north east. The tower probably dates from the 17th century and the rest was built in 1876-79 to designs by J. Beardmore.

Entrance to Stafford Cemetery

A four acre cemetary was opened on Eccleshall Road in Stafford in 1856. It has been extended several times and had reached 20 acres by 1940. This Picture Postcard was posted in Stafford on 25 September ...

Fenton Park and Cemetery

Fenton Park is to the left and Fenton Cemetery to the right in this photograph taken from the northern end of Vivian Road. Beville Street (formerly Cemetery Road) runs off to the left. Bassilow Road runs ...

Flowers on an unidentified grave, Normacot

Possibly Normacot Churchyard. The Holy Evangelists Church was built on the south side of Upper Belgrave Road as a chapel of ease for Blurton Church in 1847. It was designed by George Gilbert Scott and ...

Footpath leading to Church Hill, Kinver

Fradswell Church

St. James the Less Church, Fradswell has a chancel dated to around 1200 and a west tower of brick built in 1764. The nave has older features but was remodelled in 1764 and again in 1852 when the south ...

Funeral of Bishop Anson, Colwich

The funeral of Adelbert John Robert Anson at St. Michael's Church, Colwich. The Bishop of Lichfield, Rt. Rev. and Hon. Augustus Legge officiated. The coffin was carried by six workmen from the Shugborough ...

Gayton Church

A postcard view of St. peter's Church, Gayton which was largely rebuilt in the 19th century, but still contains a Norman chancel arch and 13th century features. The purple brick tower was built in 1732. ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

A postcard view looking south across the German Military Cemetery. This Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

The German Military Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement of 16 October 1959 between the governments of the United ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

Main Entrance to the German Military Cemetery. This Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement of 16 October 1959 ...

German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase

The German Military Cemetery on Cannock Chase was first opened to the public on 10 June 1967. It was established under the terms of an agreement of 16 October 1959 between the governments of the United ...