Latest Additions To The Site

Page 56 of 56 1000 Records Found

Rose Queen, Whitmore

Photograph taken at the Rose Queen ceremony at Whitmore Rectory in about 1955. Alan Latham is the page boy on the right.

Richards Tiles Ltd, Brownhills Road, Tunstall

The Richard's Tiles factory on Brownhills Road was opened in 1934, to supplement the existing Pinnox Works on Scotia Road. At the time it was heralded as "one of the best and most up-to-date tile factories ...

Recycling shraff, Stoke-on-Trent

Old and broken electrical insulators being out on a conveyor to be ground up and the material reused in new pottery body. The photograph was probably taken at Harrison's Mill in Stanley Moss. Possibly ...

Pig and piglets, Tittensor

Pigs at Holding Number 6, Ross Hill, Tittensor. The Latham family rented this County Council smallholding at Tittensor around 1959. The ex-army hut in the background was used to house deep litter chickens....

Mr Fred Evans and the English Electric Co., Stafford

Employees from the Switchgear Works are pictured at a retirement presentation by the Transformer Manufacturing Department. In the centre Mr Fred Evans who has completed 38 years’ service holds a certificate ...

H&R Johnson's Highgate tile works, Tunstall

The Highgate tile works of H & R Johnson was opposite Enoch Wedgwood's pottery on Brownhills Road, Tunstall. The Highgate pottery dates from the 1830s and originally belonged to George Hood. It passed ...

Cutting corn, Whitmore

Dick Latham driving a Massey-Harris combine harvester, cutting corn at Church Farm, Whitmore.

Cowlishaw & Walker Mining Engineering Company, Brown Lees Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the rear of the Cowlishaw & Walker Mining Engineering company's works in Brown Lees Road. Previously the works were part of Robert Heath & Low Moor Bidulph Iron & Steel Co. The site ...

Church Farm, Whitmore

Alan Latham and friend Trevor Simpson, in a cap, tormenting one of the sows at Church Farm, Whitmore. Alan's mother and sister are in the background.

Butterfield Place, Tunstall

The photograph is looking west along Butterfield Place towards Tunstall High Street. Butterfield Place was originally known as Amicable Street. On the right is the side and rear of Tunstall Town Hall ...