Latest Additions To The Site

Page 55 of 56 1000 Records Found

Oulton Cricket Club fixture card, Oulton, near Stone

Fixture card for Oulton Cricket Club for the 1977 season. Oulton Cricket Club were founded in 1953 and their first ground was near Oulton Grange. In about 1970 the club had to leave Oulton Grange ...

Dismantling the cricket pavilion, Yarlet

Oulton Cricket Club members dismantling the cricket pavilion at Yarlet School. The pavilion was being moved to the Club's new ground at Oulton Heath. From left to right: unknown, Des Robinson, P. ...

Railway Viaduct, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the Seven Arches viaduct looking west from the A449 Wolverhampton Road at the old Junction with Levedale Road near Penkridge. In later years this junction was changed. On the ...

Clay Street, Penkridge

This postcard view looks north along Clay Street, (A449 Wolverhampton Road) towards Crown Bridge and Stone Cross in Penkridge. On the left is the former Railway Inn which became a dental practice known ...

Blacksmith's shop, Yoxall

Exterior of blacksmith's shop, looking to the east. This was one of a number of blacksmith's workshops which belonged to C.J. Perkins, agricultural implement makers of Yoxall. This shop was converted ...

Longnor Market Hall

The Market Hall was built by Sir John Harpur Crewe in 1873. Above the doorway can be seen the table of tolls payable at Longnor markets and fairs. It was converted to a Parish Hall in 1931. It is now ...

Test room at Castlegate Telephone Exchange, Stafford,

Engineers in the test room at Castlegate Telephone Exchange, Eastgate Street. From left to right: Reg Woolley, Roy Daniels and Ron Davies. Their job was to test telephone customers' lines and ...

Cresswell's Butchers, Penkridge

T.A. Cresswell's butchers shop on Market Street, Penkridge. The shop was converted to office and residential accommodation in 2008.

The Locks at Penkridge Wharf

This postcard view shows a quiet scene looking south along the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal at Penkridge Locks, Penkridge Wharf. The buildings on the left remain (March 2021) although over the ...

Railway Viaduct, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the Seven Arches viaduct looking south from Levedale Road towards Penkridge. In the foreground is the River Penk, on the left is the tower of St. Michael and All Angels' Church ...

Market Street, Penkridge

A postcard view looking south-east from Crown Bridge along Market Street in Penkridge. The shop on the right is Luton House which at the time of this picture was occupied by Mrs G F Bates and her millinery ...

Newcastle College, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Newcastle College, as it used to exist before its relocation to new premises on Knutton Lane in 2010. The old college ran alongside the intersection between Lower Street and Liverpool Road. The site is ...

Seabridge Park, Clayton

Seabridge Park is located between Seabridge Community Centre and Seabridge Lane. It was constructed by the same company that built Westbury Park in the 1970s and 1980s, less than a kilometre away. Prior ...

Taylor Tunnicliff stand, Festival of Britain, Stone

Taylor Tunnicliff display in the Trades and Industry Exhibition held on Westbridge Park as part of the Festival of Britain events held in Stone. Taylor Tunnicliff and Co. Ltd. were founded at Eastwood, ...

Mantec Ltd, Uttoxeter Road, Longton

Mantec Technical Ceramics Ltd., formally Taylor, Tunnicliff & Co., are manufacturers of industrial ceramics.

Boys fishing on the Trent and Mersey Canal, Stone

A group of boys fishing near Lime Kiln Lock on the Trent and Mersey Canal, near to Stone Railway Station. In the distance is a bottle kiln of Taylor and Tunnicliff electrical insulator manufacturers ...

Codsall Village Hall

Pat Hughes on the left, unknown center, E.H. Ablitt on the right are standing at the front entrance of the Codsall Village Hall which stands by the playing fields off Wolverhampton Road.

The Stocks, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the village stocks which stand in front of the Old Gaol in Penkridge. Built in the early 19th century, the Old Gaol was the village lock-up and stands by Bellbrook. The building ...