Theme Explorer

Page 55 of 55 989 Records Found

White Swan Inn, Newport Lane, Middleport

The photograph shows the White Swan Inn at 107 Newport Lane, Middleport where there has been an inn or beerhouse since the 1830s. This building was originally two modest semi-detached houses, which had ...

White Swan, 107 Newport Lane, Burslem

The White Swan public house is a two storey building, two rooms wide by two rooms deep. It also has a cellar and a two storey rear projection. It was constucted on Newport Lane between 1832 and 1851. ...

Whittington Inn, Kinver

Whittington Inn is a grade II* listed building and was reputedly built in 1310 by Sir William Whittington, grandfather of Dick Whittington, the legendary Lord Mayor of London. This timber-framed house ...

Wilkinsons, Market Street, Tamworth

The Berni Steak House at the Peel Arms Hotel at number 1, Market Street, Tamworth. The Peel Arms Hotel was in existence by 1841. Prior to 2016, numbers 1,2 and 3 were purchased and altered to become a ...

Wilnecote Lane, Kettlebrook, Tamworth

Wilnecote Lane is seen here, with Park Inn in the centre distance, and Fishers Mill on the right. Also visible are the 1920's council houses on the left. The view is looking west along Wilnecote Lane ...

Windmill Inn, Meir Heath

The Windmill Inn and disused windmill at Meir Heath. The windmill was in existence by 1775, and was a red brick tower with four sails, boat cap and a tailpole. It ceased work in the early 20th century. ...

Wolseley - Wolseley Arms Inn: pen drawing

'view of the Wolseley Arms Inn and foot of the Bridge from the broken ground overhanging the road to Stafford. Colwich church etc.' Lettered 'Wolseley Bridge,' but this is only visible in the distance ...

Wolverhampton - Star and Garter Inn: sepia drawing

Showing the Star and Garter Inn on Cock Street. An early Tudor half-timber porch with a low building behind. Over the door 'P. Law Star and Garter Inn' is written above the door. The 'Excise Office' ...

Working Mens Club, Leek New Road, Baddeley Green

This L-shaped two storey detatched house is completely cement rendered. All windows and doors are modern. It has been extensively modernised and extended.

Worthington Floater, Burton-on-Trent

A Worthington Floater outside an unidentified pub in Burton on Trent. The driver of the floater is standing next to the the horse's head wearing a white coat and cap, which has "Worthington" written on ...

Wright's Grocers Shop, Stafford,

View of Wright's grocers shop on the corner of St. Patrick's Street and Foregate Street, seen from Foregate Street. The building is still a shop and remains little changed to this day. The public ...

Yarnfield Village Shop

On the right can be seen Yarnfield village shop, pictured when it was situated at the Labour in Vain pub. On the left is St. Baranbas’ chapel (now, in 2015, a hair salon).

Yarnfield, Stone

A view of Yarnfield village, with the entrance to High Lows Lane on the left, and the roof of St. Barnabas' Church on the right. The horse and cart stands outside the Labour-in-Vain public house, although ...

Ye Olde Crown, 10 Westport Road, Burslem

Ye Olde Crown public house stands on Westport Road in Burslem, formerly known as Liverpool Road until 1878, and previously to that called Hill Street. It is believed to have been constructed before 1812, ...

Ye Olde Plough, Stone Lane, Kinver

Ye Olde Plough was demolished in 1996-7 to make way for housing.

Ye Olde Red Lion. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Ipstones, Nr. Leek, Staffordshire. The picture includes a group of youngsters and "Ye Old Red Lion" public house.

Young woman at The Red Lion, Sutton, near Forton

A young woman with a dog standing outside the front door of the Red Lion Inn at Sutton, near Forton. The licensee at the time was Richard E Parker. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.