Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 106 1906 Records Found

Aqualate Hall and Grounds,

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...

Aqualate Hall,

The original Aqualate Hall (pictured) was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild ...

Armitage Lodge, Armitage

Armitage Lodge was built in the first decades of the 19th century. Throughout its existence the grounds were made available for fetes and garden parties for local people. During most of the 19th century ...

Armitage Park: engraving

'Armitage Park, South. Seat of Thomas Lister, Esquire,' showing the Hall in the park with hills behind. [The house, rebuilt by Josiah Spode, has reverted to the old name of Hawksyard].'F. Calvert, ...

Armitage Park: pen drawing

'View of Armitage Park with the carriage road (just then made) leading to the edge at the top of Brereton Hill.''John Allport del.,' [drawn]

Armitage Park: pen drawing

'Armitage Park (House) as seen from the Sandy Rock over the Tunnel by the Roadside, 1814.' Showing the house in the distance beyond a pool.'John Allport del., [drawn].'

Armitage Park: sepia drawing

'South West View of Armitage Park, Staffordshire,' showing a Hall in Gothic revival style, c. 1800.'J. C. Buckler.'

Armitage Views

This multi-view postcard of Armitage shows scenes of the moorings on the Trent and Mersey canal by the Plum Pudding public house, Lodge Cottage on the Rugeley Road, a flower border by the canal cutting ...

Armoury Tower and Main Entrance, Alton Towers

The Armoury Tower and main entrance to Alton Towers. On the right is the Chapel. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. This tower ...

Armoury Tower, Alton Towers

The Armoury Tower and main entrance to Alton Towers. On the right is the Chapel. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. This tower ...

Arthur Naylor's Nurseries, Bolehall Manor, Tamworth

Arthur Naylor's greenhouses at the Amington Road nurseries. Naylor's business started in the early 1900s. The site later became part of the council estate on Manor Road.

Arthur Naylor's Nurseries, Bolehall Manor, Tamworth

Arthur Naylor's greenhouses at the Amington Road nurseries. In the left foreground is the Reliant delivery van. Jack Naylor is standing in the background. Naylor's business started in the early 1900s. ...

Ash Green, Trentham,

Ashcombe Park,Cheddleton

Originally there was Elizabethan mansion known as Botham Hall built on the site of the current house, surrounded by a deer park. In the late 18th century the house was owned by the Debank family, but ...

Ashcroft Lane, Shenstone

Looking north from the junction with Lynn Lane, Shenstone, this postcard view of houses and a cottage in Ashcroft Lane has hardly changed over the years. The buildings remain (July 2020), however, the ...

Axe Edge, neer Leek. Photographed by William Blake.

A view of Axe Edge and the Leek-Buxton road. This area lies within the Peak District National Park. The image is one of a series labelled "Leek & Buxton".

Baker boys at Shugborough Walled Garden,

David and Colin Baker standing by a chicken coup and run in the South East Walled Garden at Shugborough. Their father Cecil George Baker was the tenant of Shugborough Walled Garden between 1932 and ...

Baker family, Shugborough Walled Garden

The Baker family in the Walled Garden at Shugborough. Cecil George Baker (left) was the Walled Garden tenant between 1932 and 1939. Next to hime is his wife Sylvia, son Colin and one of Colin's uncles. ...