Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 5 of 112 2000 Records Found

Alrewas War Memorial

The First World War Memorial situated on Main Street at the junction with Post Office Road. This area was formerly known as 'The Green'.

Alstom, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pupils from Silkmore Primary School, Stafford are pictured in front of a Goliath tractor at the Queensville area of the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. During the visit to the site they toured the Power ...

Alstom, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pictured at a Retirement and Long Service Reception at the New Hough are employees of ALSTOM Transmission and Distribution Projects Ltd (known as TDPL or Tadpole by employees), later known as Alstom Power ...

Alstom, St. Leonard's Works, Stafford

Pictured during a refreshment break in a Quality Focus meeting at St Leonard's Works are (from left to right): David Buckless, unknown, David Pearson, David Tipper, Chris Tilstone, Robin Millar and an ...

Alstonefield Wakes

Alstonefield Wakes was held on the Sunday after 29th June, the feast day of St Peter. The procession set off from the school and was led to the church by a band. The children traditionally carried flowers ...

American Forces Parade, Stafford

American forces from Yarnfield camp on parade in Gaolgate Street, Stafford, marching towards Gaol Square. On the right can be seen the trustees Savings Bank and Melia's food store. This image is from ...

Amington Band, Tamworth Carnival

Amington Band marching along George Street during the 1951 Tamworth Carnival. Amington Band was started in 1917, with Roland Davis as Bandmaster. The band began by using old instruments, until they ...

Amington Band, Tamworth Carnival

Amington Band approaching Victoria Road Colehill, Tamworth Carnival 1930s. Amington Band was started in 1917, with Roland Davis as Bandmaster. The band began by using old instruments, until they could ...

Amington Youth Club, Tamworth

A Sausage supper of the Amington Youth Club, seen here with their Guest of Honor Mrs Barbara Castle (third from the left). Barbara Castle was Member of parliament for Blackburn between 1945 and 1979 ...

An invitation to dine with the local volunteer corps - Hand Written Letter from the Enoch Wood Scrapbook

Hand-written letter from Major Williamson of the Longport Corps., inviting Enoch Wood to dinner on Wednesday 21st April 1813. It reads; Major Williamson and the officers of the Longport Corps request ...

Anniversary tree planting, Sandon Women's Institute

Planting an acer tree at Sandon Parish Room to mark the 50th anniversary of Sandon Women's Institute, founded in 1920. The tree was removed in 2010. From left to right: Rev. Geoff Greenup (Vicar ...

Annual Conference at Lotus Shoes, Stafford,

This could be the interior of Brook Hall, which was Lotus canteen. Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started ...

Annual Dinner, Stafford Rugby Club

Officials and guests are pictured at the annual dinner of the Stafford Rugby Club, held at Jenkinson’s Café, Stafford. Seated left to right are: Mr Gwynn Bayliss, Mr W J N Somers (Chairman of the ...

Annual Exhibition, Stafford Photographic Society, Stafford

Mr N E Veale, of Manor Rise, Walton, Stone tells the Mayor of Stafford, Alderman C E Fowke, himself an expert photographer, how he took “A Winter’s Day”, the print which gained him the silver medal for ...

Annual Fatstock Sale, Stone, (1)

One of the highlights of the local farming year was the fatstock sale held at the cattle market in Mill Street. Farmers entered their prime beasts and the winner received a cup presented by the chairman ...

Annual Fatstock Sale, Stone, (2)

One of the highlights of the local farming year was the fatstock sale held at the cattle market in Mill Street. Farmers entered their prime beasts and the winner received a cup presented by the chairman ...

Aqualate Hall on Fire

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...

Areoplane forced landing, Fulford

On Sunday, 15 November 1931, the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII) flew from Windsor to Meir aerodrome, en route to open the Rosemary Ednam Memorial Hospital for Cripples at Hartshill. After safely ...