Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 5 of 112 2000 Records Found

A view of the Armoury, Whittington Barracks, Lichfield

Whittington Barracks was built on land purchased from the Marquess of Anglesey. Building was completed in 1880, providing accommodation for the Depots of the South and the North Staffordshire Regiments ...

A view up Basford Bank, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph was taken looking up Etruria Road from close to the junction with Basford Park Road. Sackville Street is off to the left just by the Davenport's off-licence. This road formed part of the ...

A watercolour of Tamworth Castle

This watercolour of Tamworth Castle was exhibited at the Royal Academy in 1799 by the artist Richard Thomas Underwood.

A. Bentley & Co., grocers and bakers, Railway Street, Stafford

Exterior of A. Bentley & Co., grocers, bakers and provision merchants at 1 & 2, Railway Street, Stafford. Albert Bentley was born at Weston, near Stafford in 1879. He opened his first shop at Railway ...

A.J. Talbot & Son, boot dealers and manufacturers, Eccleshall

A.J. Talbot and Son's shop on High Street, Eccleshall. They were boot and dealers and manufacturers. As well as bespoke boots and shoes, they made leggings, carried out repairs and stocked Lotus, Ariel, ...

A.P. Tiley, pharmacist and optician, Burslem

A.P. Tiley's pharmacist and opticians shop front at the Market Place, Burslem. The business was established in the 1850s. Image from 'Staffordshire Past and Present: An Historical Pictorial & Descriptive ...

A.T. Finney, Duchess Pottery, Uttoxeter Road, Longton

A T Finney were taken over by the Tams Pottery Group in 1979 who also bought Royal Grafton China in 1992.

A.W. Collyer & Sons plant nursery, Cannock

Arthur William Collyer was born in Bridgetown, Cannock. On leaving school he followed his father's trade as an auger maker, but by the 1911 census he is listed as a Colliery Clerk. He went on to run ...

A.W. Tilley, photographers, Radford Street, Stone

A.W. Tilley's photography studio, newsagents and stationers at 7, Radford Street, Stone. Arthur William Tilley was a prolific photographer and publisher of postcards between 1896 and around 1912. He ...

Abbey Brewery, Burton-on-Trent

View of the brewery owned by Messrs Charrington & Co., and situated close to the Abbey grounds.

Abbey Crossing, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent

The canal bridge over the Caldon Canal and Abbey Level Crossing, with the crossing keeper's house to the left, on Horse Lane (now Birches Head Road) at Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent.

Abbey Farm, Abbey Green, Leekfrith

The farm is known to date back to 1614, and it was possibly built even earlier than this. The original timber-framed structure, built on a sandstone foundation on the site of Dieulacres Abbey remains ...

Abbey House, Ranton.

Abbey House, built c.1820, is situated next to the ruined tower of Ranton Abbey (just visible behind the trees on the left). The house was damaged by fire during the Second World War whilst occupied ...

Abbey Hulton

Abbey Hulton takes its name from the former Hulton Abbey, which was located about half a mile from Milton, on the east side of the road from Stoke to Leek, next to Carmountside Primary School. In the ...

Abbey Inn, Burton-upon-Trent

At the rear of the Abbey Inn, which incorporates part of the infirmary of the Abbey founded in 1002. The Benedictine Abbey of Burton was founded before the year 1000 by Wulfric Spot, Anglo-Saxon Earl ...

Abbey Lane, Bucknall

Looking north along Abbey Lane from close to the junction with Heath House Lane. This lane leads to Abbey Hulton. On the right, the higher ground is part of the site of the old Hanley and Bucknall Colliery, ...

Abbots Bromley

Abbots Bromley is an ancient parish which lies six miles south of Uttoxeter. It originally belonged to Burton Abbey when it was granted to the Abbey by Wulfric Spot in 1004. After the dissolution of the ...

Abbots Bromley

In the centre of the picture is a 17th century hexagonal butter cross, with the timber framed 'Goats Head Inn', built in the late 16th century, behind.