Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 10 168 Records Found

RAF Memorial Window, St Thomas's Church, Walton on the Hill

Stained glass memorial window to the Royal Air Force, dated 1942 and showing the silhouette of a bomber plane flying over crossed searchlights. At the top, the Greek letters 'Alpha' and 'Omega' flank ...

S.S. Mary and Chad's, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at S.S. Mary and Chad's, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Salem Chapel, Cheslyn Hay

The Salem Chapel stands on High Street, Cheslyn Hay and was built in 1855.

Salt Church

A postcard view of the interior of the parish church of St. James the Great, Salt, which was built in 1840-42 for Lord Talbot by Thomas Trubshaw of Little Haywood. This postcard was franked in Stafford ...

Sandon Church - East window of Chancel: sepia wash drawing

'East or Chancel Window of the Parish Church of Sandon,' showing a lancet window of three lights, with six shields of arms. Anonymous.

Sandon Church - Wall Painting: water colour painting

'Sandon. On the South side of the Chancell at Sandon,' showing a wall painting of two formal trees with 13 and 16 shields of arms suspended therefrom of the Erdeswick family, tracing from Harcourt and ...

Sandon Church - Wall Painting: water colour painting

'Sandon. Painted on the wall on the north side of the Chancell.' Showing a wall painting of two formal trees with 16 and 12 shields of arms suspended therefrom. There is also a red boar at the base ...

St Chad's, Stafford. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St Chad's in the town of Stafford. It is one of the oldest ecclesiatic buildings in Stafford and was originally erected in the Norman period. After periods spent in disrepair ...

St Gregory's Church, Longton.

The demolition of St Gregory's Roman Catholic Church in Longton in 1968. The photograph shows the remains of the large rose window at the west end of the church which stood on Heathcote Road, opposite ...

St Joseph & St. Ethelreds's Roman Catholic Church, Rugeley

St. Joseph's and St. Ethelreda's Roman Catholic Church was built in 1849-50 and designed by Charles Hansom. This postcard view was printed in England by Raphael Tuck and Sons Ltd. London.

St Lawrence's church, Rushton Spencer

A view of the interior taken from under the West Gallery. The timber-framed interior of this church dates from the 14th century. To the left can be seen the late 17th century pulpit.

St Mary's Church, Mucklestone

An interior view looking from the chancel towards the west tower. The west window in the tower was given by Lady Alice Chetwode, and commemorates the battle of Blore Heath. St Mary's church was rebuilt ...

St Nicholas' Church, Codsall

Interior view of St Nicholas' Church.

St. Augustine’s Church, Rugeley

A postcard showing a Christening held in St. Augustine’s Church in Rugeley. Please contact us if you recognise anyone in this view. This postcard was published by Judges (Hastings) for the Lichfield ...

St. Augustine's Church, Rugeley

The 'new' church of St. Augustine (sometimes known as the New Chancel) was built in 1822-23 to designs by H.J. Underwood. The land on which the new St Augustine’s church was erected was provided by the ...

St. Chad's Church at Beacon Barracks, formerly RAF Stafford

The stained glass windows pictured inside St. Chad’s Church at RAF Stafford were designed by Mrs Valerie Green at her Stained Glass Studio in Scarborough and donations for the appeal for the windows was ...

St. Chad's Church Interior, Seighford,

St. Chad's dates from the Norman period, although the west tower was rebuilt in local brick in the seventeenth century after the original tower collapsed. Evidence of Norman architecture can still be ...

St. Chad's Church Interior, Seighford,

St. Chad's dates from the Norman period, although the west tower was rebuilt in local brick in the seventeenth century after the original tower collapsed. Evidence of Norman architecture can still be ...