Theme Explorer

Start Again > Costume & Textiles > Women's Wear
Page 5 of 68 1221 Records Found

Brereton Road, Rugeley

A view looking south-east along the A51 just past the railway arches in Rugeley, which is part of Brereton Parish. On the right, a little past Wharf Road, is an area which was know as 'The City' and beyond ...

Brewery staff day trip, Burton upon Trent

A postcard view of Bass brewery staff pictured in Burton-upon-Trent on their way to or returning from a day trip Photographer: J.S. Simnett, Burton upon Trent

Brickmakers, Cradley Heath

Two women brickmakers pictured outside a workshop at Cradley Heath, West Midlands. Image courtesy of Birmingham Library.

Bridesmaid's bonnet, 1940s

This is a child's bonnet that was worn for a wedding. It has the style of a Victorian 'poke' bonnet. It was worn by the donor Beryl Brindley (nee Hope) for her cousin Margaret's wedding. The wedding ...

Bridgeford Players’ production of ‘The Poltergeist’, Great Bridgeford

A scene from the Bridgeford Players’ production of Frank Harvey’s comedy ‘The Poltergeist’. Left to right: Cyril Whitehouse, John Bedford, Beryl Whitehouse, Gwyneth Williams, Barbara Macleod and James ...

Bridgwood's Pottery staff, Bridgwood Street, Longton

Bridgwood & Son were established in Lane End around 1795. Sampson Bridgwood took over the Anchor Pottery at the corner of Wharf Street (renamed Bridgwood Street in the 1950s) and Goddard Street in Longton ...

Britannia's Address to her Fair Daughters - a radical call to women from the Enoch Wood scrapbook

Love of country is not sexual; in every age, in every country, it has warmed and animated the female breast... In the early 19th century, women were among the most forward-thinking political activists ...

British Friesian Show & Sale, Uttoxeter

Mr & Mrs J.W. Warrington holding the Warringtons cup. They are pictured with a prizewinning friesian, Mr. Hughes and two other un-named gentlemen at W.S. Bagshaw & Sons.

British Legion Parade, Wetley Rocks

British Legion members march past St. John the Baptist church at Wetley Rocks.

Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and ...

Brocton Village Bazaar

Members of the Youth Club sample some of their home-brewed ginger beer which they sold at Brocton village bazaar on Saturday 7 December in the afternoon. Pictured are, from left to right: Bert Oakland, ...

Brookfields goods recipt, Stafford

A bill from Brookfields, Greengate St. and St. Mary's Gate, Stafford, Tailor, hosiers and shoe fitters. Dated 27 Sept 1963. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By ...

Brookhouse Farm, Wood Eaton, near Church Eaton

Brookhouse Farm stands on Broad Lane, near Church Eaton. Part of the Wood Eaton Manor estate, the porch and front of the house were rebuilt by landowner John Morris in 1849. Photographer: Harry Osbourne ...

Broughton Womens Institute

Cutting a celebratory cake at a Broughton WI meeting held at Broughton Parish Rooms at Wetwood. Left to Right: Miss L. Smith, Mrs Friend, Mrs Wain, Mrs Bazalgette, Mrs Boote, Mrs Horton, Mrs Bloore, ...

Brown Fox Fur Stole c.1930 -1960

This would have been worn between the 1930 and 1950s. This brown fox is complete with head, legs and tail as was fashionable at the time.

Brown Fur Cape, c.1920-1940

This cape was made in the 1920s or 1930s by the company Alexander Wilkie in Edinburgh. The length and style of the cape indicates that it was used by a woman on formal occasions.

Building a haystack

Men and women at work building a haystack, possibly in the Trentham or Longton area. Please contact us if you recognise this view. This photograph is one of a collection of 20 glass negatives by an ...

Bull's Bank, Lower Street , Newcastle-under-Lyme

This photograph of Bull's Bank off Lower Street and behind St. Giles' Church is typical of the crowded housing that existed in some areas of Newcastle-under-Lyme until the late 1960s. The cramped ...