Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 81 1453 Records Found

Bethesda Primitive Methodist, Sunday School walk, Whit Monday, Station Road, Hednesford

All the walkers are dressed in their best clothes. It was tradition on Whit Monday that all the Sunday Schools in the District marched towards Blackford Football Ground where a rally was held. The members ...

Bicorn Hat, Victorian

The bicorn developed from the tricorn hat and is mostly associated with Napoléon Bonaparte, although most military generals and officers in Europe and America wore it throughout the nineteenth and ...

Biddle's Stores, Brook Square, Rugeley

This postcard view shows John Biddle’s Stores which started business in 1850. The decorations by the upper floor windows suggest that at the time this photograph was taken the town was celebrating Edward’s ...

Biddle's Stores, Brook Square, Rugeley

A view taken in Brook Square looking towards Lower Brook Street in Rugeley. On the left is Biddle’s Stores which started business in 1850. The decorations by the upper floor windows suggest that at ...

Birchenfields Farm, Armitage

Birchenfields Farm in Bardy Lane. This Grade 2 listed building dates from the 17th century and is timber-framed on a stone plinth. This image is taken from a glass negative.

Bird Watching at Doxey Marshes

This photograph was taken at Doxey Marshes Nature Reserve by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. If you recognise the man in this view please contact us. This large Nature Reserve lies within the ...

Black Bowler Hat

The bowler hat was originally made in 1848 and was considered sturdier than the top hat, (as it could easily be knocked off and damaged). The first bowler hat was originally made by brothers Thomas ...

Blacksmith outside Red Cross Smithy, Knypersley

Blacksmiths outside the Red Cross Smithy at Knypersley, near Biddulph, Staffordshire. Various items are in the background: rakes, forks, scythe blades and mower blades, with a plough. On the left is ...

Blacksmith's shop, Cotes Heath

Photographs shows Tom Giles' blacksmith's shop which stood opposite the church in Cotes Heath, which can be seen in the background, to the left. Tom Giles, farmer and blacksmith, was born in Farndon, ...

Blast furnaces, Congreaves Iron Works, Cradley Heath

Blast furnaces at Congreaves Iron Works, Congreaves Road, Cradley Heath. The British Iron Company set up its ironworks at Cradley Heath in 1825. By 1860 there were six blast furnaces on the site and ...

Blood donors, Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A new use was found for the sports pavilion at the Stafford factory of Lotus Ltd., which was usually the venue for many social functions. This picture presented an unusual scene when a mobile unit from ...

Bob Kemsley, blacksmith at Bagnall’s, Stafford

Pictured is Bob Kemsley who was photographed by the Staffordshire Newsletter for an article published on Saturday 23 August 1952, on retaining the skills of industrial veterans, many of whom were over ...

Boiler Stokers, Derby Oxide Colour Works, Rugeley

Workers stoking boilers with coal at the Derby Oxide Colour works which was situated on the River Trent at Colton Mill, Rugeley. The 'Lancashire' boiler was made by Edwin Danks and Co. of Oldbury and ...

Bolehall Swifts Football Club, Tamworth

Bolehall Swifts Football Club 1959 Belgium Tour. Photograph taken on the Amington Inn car park with the coach in background which took team and club members to Belgium. Players are (left to right): ...

Bookmakers, Uttoxeter Racecourse

Bookmakers watching the races. The first meeting at Uttoxeter Racecourse was held in May 1907.

Boot pull

A household item used to help take off tight boots. Collected from a house in Barlaston, near Stoke on Trent. From the collections of Staffordshire County Museum.

Borough Cup Presentation, Stafford

A Boulton of the Penkridge football team receives the Borough Cup from Colonel A M L Harrison, Secretary of the Staffordshire Branch of the National Association of Boys Clubs, after the final with Doxey ...

Bowling in Longton Park. Photographed by William Blake.

Park scene including a bowling green and bowlers. Taken at Longton Park, Longton, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened on July 25th 1888 ...