Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 55 990 Records Found

Brown Jug Public House, Bishop's Offley,

Bull's Head , Leek

The Bull's Head stood on St Edward Street. In the doorway is the landlord, John Gell, pictured with his son Charles. John died in 1904. The Bull's Head closed in about 1990 and is now (2014) Bull's ...

Bull's Head, 14 St. John's Square, Burslem

The Bull's Head public house is believed to have been constructed before 1832. It stands in St. John's Square in Burslem town centre. It is a rectangular structure, one room wide by two rooms deep and ...

Bull's Head, 283 Sneyd Street, Cobridge

This public house is believed to have been constructed before 1775. It has a rectangular plan with a rear projection. It has two storeys, and is one room wide by two rooms deep with a cellar. The front ...

Burslem Central W.M.C., Baddeley Street, Burslem

This two storey building is two rooms wide by two rooms deep with a two storey projection on the east side. Number 2 Mountford Street has been modified to form part of the club.

Burslem Working Mens Club, Furlong Lane, Burslem

This building is thought to have been erected around 1836 (date obtained from date stone). This rectangular three storey structure was constructed in cement rendered brick with a modern roof. The chimney ...

Burton Abbey from the river Trent

Lantern slide of the Abbey Inn, Burton upon Trent. Although largely Victorian, this building was converted from the Abbey infirmary, and the north wing dates from the 14th century. It was a private ...

Bus trip, Bishops Offley

A bus trip pictured outside the Brown Jug at Bishop’s Offley, 1920s

Cannock Town Centre

This view of the Town Centre is looking Norrth towards High Green. The building seen directly behind the two boys in the foreground was demolished in the latter part of the 20th century and a new Woolworths ...

Cannock Town: sepia wash

'View in Cannock,' taken from the road leading to the church, from the west. Showing an early Georgian gabled house, 'the Crown Hotel' (demolished 1962) on the left, the church in the distance, and the ...

Canvassing during a General Election, Eccleshall

Major Hugh Fraser, Conservative candidate, successfully contested the Stafford Constituency in the 1951 General Election. He is seen standing by the driver on a carriage outside the Royal Oak on High ...

Canvassing during a General Election, Eccleshall

Major Hugh Fraser, Conservative candidate, successfully contested the Stafford Constituency in the 1951 General Election. He is seen standing on High Street with Mrs Swanston (left) and Mrs Carter ...

Capitol Cinema, Goodson Street, Hanley.

Originally the Royal Alexandra Music Hall, then the Kings Palace Theatre, later Moore and Kennedy's Picture Hall, the Capitol Cinema stood in Goodson Street (formerly New Street) in Hanley. Built in 1892 ...

Car Park of the Swan Inn, Church Eaton,

Carnival procession, Charles Street, Cheadle

The white building seen here in the background is the Bird in Hand public house in Tape Street. A shop can be seen on the left hand corner, that was known as 'Pyatts' in the 1950's and 1960's. The gap ...

Caroline Street, Longton

This is a view north east along Caroline Street. At the top end lies the junction with Upper Cross Street and Anchor Passage with The Miners' Rest public house (a Parker's Ales inn) just visible on the ...

Caroline Street, Longton

This is a view north east along Caroline Street in Longton from close to the railway bridge. The Belstaff clothing factory is on both sides of the street just beyond The Roebuck public house (No 5 Caroline ...

Carriage outside the Vernon Yonge Arms, Croxton

A wedding party with carriage outside the Vernon Yonge Arms at Blackwaters, Croxton. The landlady at the time was Ellen Lewis. Today, the Vernon Yonge Arms at Blackwaters, Croxton has been a private ...