Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 100 1795 Records Found

Ashbourne Road, Leek

This street was formerly known as London Road, taking its exisiting name in the early 1900s. At the start of the nineteenth century the fairly rapid expansion of the town saw new buildings along the ...

Ashbourne Road, Rocester

View of Ashbourne Road, looking towards Church Lane. The yard leading to the Red Lion public house is on the left, next to Dwyer's general store.

Aston Bridge, near Draycott-in-the-Clay.

Aston Bridge was built in the early 19th century and its three arches carry what is now the A515 road over the River Dove, linking Sudbury in Derbyshire with Draycott-in-the-Clay in Staffordshire. This ...

At Wetton Mill

The mill and kiln house shown here were built in 1711 to replace an earlier mill. Wetton Mill Bridge cost £184 to build in about 1810, and was paid for by the The Duke of Devonshire after the earlier ...

Austin's bus, Stafford

This Austin's bus LRE 1 was a Guy Arab II with Weymann double deck body, new in January 1945 as fleet number 65. There was also an identical Bus LRE 2 as fleet number 66. These were probably built to ...

Avenue Bridge, Brewood

The Avenue Bridge is one of 13 in the parish of Brewood, to go over the Shropshire Union Canal.

Bagnall’s Bridge, Castle Street, Stafford

The stones forming the embankment to Bagnall’s bridge in Castle Street, Stafford, are believed to have been taken from the old railway sleepers of the Grand Junction Railway when the track was updated ...

Bailey Bridge at Lode Mill, Alstonefield

In the winter of 1992-1993 a 'Bailey Bridge' was built at Lode Mill to take road traffic while Lode Bridge was being strengthened.

Band of Hope demonstration, Stockwell Street, Leek

This was an annual church procession originating in Leek and generally involving young adults. The Band of Hope was a movement closely allied to the Temperance movement. This march was led by the Congregationalists, ...

Barker & Shenton garage, Walton, Stone

The former Barker and Shenton garage on the A34 by the Walton roundabout at Stone. It is now (2006) the Shell petrol station.

Barlaston Railway Station,

Barley Mow Public House, Milford,

In the early twentieth century the Barley Mow was a popular inn with cyclists and day trippers. The building remains little changed today.

Barton and Walton Station, Barton-under-Needwood

Barton and Walton Railway Station with a steam locomotive and carriage at the platform. The station served Barton-under-Needwood in Staffordshire and Walton-on-Trent in Derbyshire. The station was opened ...

Barton and Walton Station, Barton-under-Needwood

Barton and Walton Railway Station served Barton-under-Needwood in Staffordshire and Walton-on-Trent in Derbyshire. The station was opened by the Birmingham and Derby Junction Railway in 1839. It closed ...

Basin Bridge, Kidsgrove

A group of children on Basin Bridge at Kidsgrove on the Macclesfield Canal. The Poole aqueduct taking the Macclesfield Canal over the Trent and Mersey canal is in the background.

Bass & Co.'s Old Offices, High Street, Burton-on-Trent

Bass articulated lorries, Middle Brewery, Burton-on-Trent

Bass articulated lorries loading with palletised cask beer from the re-built Middle Brewery ale stores.

Bass employees at Blackpool train station in 1911

Bass, Ratcliff and Gretton organised annual trips for its employees from 1865 until 1914. Initially these trips were biennial until 1883, then every year until 1914. Destinations included Blackpool, Liverpool ...