Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Stately Homes & Large Country Houses
Page 5 of 112 2000 Records Found

Alton Towers, main entrance

Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. this view shows the entrance Tower built in 1829-30 which leads into the Armoury. Reproduced ...

Alton Towers, main entrance

Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. The statues are Talbots, an extinct breed of dog, which are the emblem of the Earls of ...

Alton Towers, Novelty Postcard

This 'Moving Pictures' novelty postcard contains several views of Alton Towers, one of which, the "T" Room, is shown in the inset viewer on the left. The “T” Room forms part of a series of views that ...

Alton Towers, Ribon Border

A view of the ribon border and gardens at Alton Towers, with the Towers in the distance. The gardens were created by the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury between about 1810 and 1827.

Alton Towers, Small Dining Room

This postcard view shows the Small Dining Room set up as a tea and refreshment room. The picture was taken by Gerald McCann, photographer in Uttoxeter. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, ...

Alton Towers, Talbot Passage

Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. The 15th Earl began adapting an existing 16th or 17th century house, Alveton (Alton) ...

Alton Towers, the ' T' Drawing Room

Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. This photograph of the interior of the 'T' room was taken shortly before the remaining ...

Alton Towers, The Armoury

This postcard view was published by The Alton Towers Café, Alton Towers, Stoke on Trent. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. ...

Amington Hall, Tamworth

A view of Amington Hall, which was built in the Georgian style in the early 19th century, though it incorporated older building work. The hall was home to the Repington family from about the 17th century. ...

ANZAC Soldiers at Ingestre Hall,

Five soldiers from the New Zealand Rifle Brigade, and a dog, standing in the main entrance of Ingestre Hall. The brigade was one of the last regiments to leave Brocton Camp at the end of the First World ...

Apedale Hall House and Park: steel engraving

'Apedale Hall. The seat of Richard Edensor Heathcote, Esquire,' near Newcastle-under-Lyme. The house is modern Elizabethan.F. Halliday, del., [drawn] and Thomas Taylor, sculp., [engraved.]

Apedale Hall, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Apedale Hall was the home of the Heathercote family and was built in 1826 by the industrialist Richard Edensor Heathcote on the site of a previous hall. The last Heathcote to live at the hall was Captain ...

Apedale Hall, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Taken from a print entitled 'The Seat of Richard Edensor Heathcote Esquire'. In 1826 Richard Heathcote had Apedale Hall rebuilt in Elizabethan style.

Apedale Hall, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Apedale Hall was rebuilt in 1826 by the Heathcote family in the Elizabethan style by the industrialist Richard Edensor Heathcote. This is the view of the house 14 years before it was demolished.

Aqualate Hall

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...

Aqualate Hall

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...

Aqualate Hall and Grounds,

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...

Aqualate Hall on Fire

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...