Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 5 of 81 1449 Records Found

Bayley's caterers and confectioners, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Founded by 1893 by Alexander Bayley, by 1911 Joseph Bayley, Jr ran a caterers and confectioners shop and café at 7 Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme. They had a second shop at 30, High Street. Bayley's ...

Bear Inn, Stafford,

The seventeenth century Bear Inn on Greengate Street was built on the site of the Old Black Bear Inn; it is possible some of the old building was used in the structure of the present. In the eighteenth ...

Bebbington's Tea Wrapper, Stafford

Bebbington's grocers had premises on Foregate Street and Lichfield Road. The illustration on this Tea Wrapper depicts the Foregate Street shop.

Bee Hive corner, Hednesford

This well known local landmark was situated on the corner of Cannock Road and Green Heath Road (West Hill) until its closure in the 1960s. It was owned by Harris, Horton & Heath at the time of this photograph ...

Beehive corner, Hednesford

Looking from the rail station road bridge towards Green Heath Road (West Hill). On the left can be seen the Beehive Stores at the time C. J. Taylor was proprietor. Cecil John Taylor had managed the store ...

Bengry Road, Normacot.

Bengry's shop at 94, Bengry Road is pictured.

Betty Cooper's Cafe, Stafford,

Betty Cooper's Cafe at 75a Eastgate Street. During the 1970s this Café was a favourite stop for bus crews nipping in for a quick cuppa en route. The building later became part of the Shrewsbury ...

Bew Street, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent

A view along Bew Street in Ball Green. The camera is looking south west from Bemersley Road in the area known as Cornhill. The buildings both side of the road remain much as they are in the photograph. ...

Bill Head, Henry White's, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Illustrated bill head from Henry White's Ladies' and Gentlemen's Outfitters of 6 Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme. It itemises shirts, sheets and counterpanes purchased by the Trustees of the Late Duke ...

Birchendale, 3 St.Johns Square, Burslem

An ornate three storey building, the datestone suggesting it was constructed in 1882. Constructed in red facing flemish bond, with a pitched tiled roof, decorative ridge tiles and two red staged stacks. ...

Bird Cage Walk, Hanley

Bird Cage Walk is a narrow alley connecting Broad Street with Clough Street. The Students' Bookshop building is on the corner of Broad Street and Marsh Street in Hanley. Between this and the neighbouring ...

Bird's Eye View of Eastgate Street, Stafford,

This photograph was taken from the top of the 7 storey building on Tipping Street owned by Staffordshire County Council. The building was in use by the Local Taxation & Licences Department and was later ...

Bird's watchmaker's and jeweller's shop, Brownhills

The exterior of F.R. Bird's watchmaker's and jeweller's shop at Annesley House, 117 High Street, Brownhills, near Walsall. Established in 1921 the shop closed in 1962.

Bird's watchmaker's and jeweller's shop, Brownhills

The exterior of F.R. Bird's watchmaker's and jeweller's shop at 117 High Street, Brownhills, near Walsall. Established in 1921 the shop closed in 1962.

Blackburns, Birches Road, Dam Mill, Codsall

Blackburns was a grocers shop. It is now an antiques shop.

Blackford's, Cannock Road, Cannock

Numbers 10-16 Cannock Road, at Blackfords, between Cannock and Chadsmoor, showing a grocers shop and Taylor's bakery beyond.

Blackfriars Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme

View from Pool Dam of the Higherland Methodist Church by Reginald Haggar with the Orme School to the right.

Blockley's, 48 High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Blockley's grocers and wine merchants was located at number 48 High street for many years and later became Hargreaves.