Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 12 212 Records Found

Lodge House, Highfield Manor, Stafford,

Highfield Manor was built in 1880 by David Hollin, a boot and shoe manufacturer. The gardens were influenced by those at Versailles, and Mr Hollins employed three gardeners. In 1900 Mr Hollin commissioned ...

Lodge House, Tittensor,

Lodge, Calwich Abbey, near Ellastone

The entrance lodge to the Calwich Abbey estate, close to Tit Bridge near Ellastone. The lodge still stands. Calwich Abbey was originally an Augustinian priory, and was acquired by the Fleetwood family ...

Lodge, Calwich Abbey, near Ellastone

The entrance lodge to the Calwich Abbey estate, close to Tit Bridge near Ellastone. The lodge still stands. Calwich Abbey was originally an Augustinian priory, and was acquired by the Fleetwood family ...

Lodge, Cheswardine Hall, Shropshire

The Lodge at Cheswardine Hall, built in 1900. The date stones on the gable wall read '1900' and initials 'RCDH' and 'MDH'. The initials stand for Ralph Charles Donaldson-Hudson and Muriel Donaldson-Hudson ...

Lodge, Coton Hill Hospital, Stafford

View of North Lodge of Coton Hill Hospital, Stafford, standing on Knight Avenue. Apart from the chapel and the lodges the hospital was demolished to make way for the new Stafford District Hospital. Coton ...

Lodge, Swynnerton

This late 19th century lodge is sited on Swynnerton Road at the southern edge of Swynnerton Park. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

Lodges, Trentham Hall,

Lodges at the entrance to the coach yard. The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a ...

Longton Park. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Cocknage Road entrance and lodge at Longton Park, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened on July 25th 1888 by George Granville ...

Longton Park. Photographed by William Blake.

Park scene taken at Longton Park, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This view includes the Trentham Road entrance, gates and lodge. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened ...

Mavesyn Ridware Hall - Gatehouse: painting

'The King post Mavesyn Ridware Old Hall - notice the Tudor Rose on the underside of The Tie Beam, 1895.' Showing the interior of the Gatehouse. A medieval timber roof construction, with a central King ...

Meaford Hall Lodge, near Stone

There has been a hall at Meaford since the seventeenth century. Towards the end of the century a William Jervis of Chatcull bought the estate, and in 1740 soldiers of the Duke of Cumberland were billeted ...

Meaford Power Station Gatehouse

The gatehouse building on Meaford Road, the gatehouse is still in use (2018) and stands at the entrance to the Meaford Business Park that now occupies part the old power station site. The power station ...

Meynell Hunt meet, Mavesyn Ridware Hall

Mavesyn Ridware Hall was built by Charles Chadwick on the site of the Old Hall in 1718. To the right of the Hall can be seen the Gatehouse of Mavesyn Ridware Old Hall. This 14th century building has ...

Miners Welfare Home Gates, Rudyard

Horton Lodge was built by Stephen Chesters-Thompson in 1890. In 1894 it was bought by Mr W.A.M. Tellwright of Wolstanton, the owner of Sneyd Collieries. Between 1925 and 1948 it was the North Staffordshire ...

North Lodge House, Darlaston Hall Estate, Stone,

In the 1940s, North Lodge was occupied by Mrs. Constance Meakin's gardener, Mr. Mellor. The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, ...

Office building, Wilts United Dairies Creamery, Uttoxeter

Office building at the Wilts United Dairies creamery, Brookside Road, Uttoxeter. Uttoxeter Creamery opened on 29 September 1897 on a site close to the railway station. The business rapidly expanded, ...

Old entrance to Trentham Gardens, Stone Road, Trentham

The original entrance to the leisure gardens at Trentham was between the two large "lodges" just to the right of the three PMT (Potteries Motor Traction) buses. The lodges were originally at the western ...