Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 34 598 Records Found

Bucknall County Secondary and Infants School

Bucknall Secondary Modern School was on Malthouse Lane. Formed during the reorganisation of city schools after 1932, it included buildings from the old Bucknall County Infants' School. In this photograph, ...

Building Blake High School, Marston Road, Hednesford

The picture was taken from the Belt Road end of Marston Road, looking towards the front of the school during its construction. At the front of the building is the old reception area. The taller building ...

Burnwood County Junior School, Tunstall

This photograph was taken from Springbank Road. The school stood at the corner of Springbank Road and Chell Heath Road. The school has been closed and demolished. The site is now housing.

Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School, Chell Heath

Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School was on the corner of Bishop Road and Chell Heath Road. The school has been demolished and replaced by Stoke on Trent North Children's Centre. Burnwood County ...

Burnwood Schools, Chell

The photograph shows Burnwood Secondary, Junior and Nursery Schools. the photograph was taken from Chell heath Road. The houses on the left are on Salkeld Place.

Burslem - St. John's Church: engraving

North west view of the old church across the churchyard. The National School is seen behind. Anonymous. [Drawn and etched by T. P. Mullock.]

Burslem - St. John's Church: sepia drawing

North west view of the old church. The tower is 15th century, the rest is an addition of 1738, a box-like hall with long windows. Behind can be seen the National School. Artist: J. Buckler.

Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem

Burslem School of Art in Queen Street. The grade II listed building was built between 1900 and 1924 on the site of an old pottery manufactory. Directly opposite is the Wedgwood Institute. Queen Street ...

Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem

This building was constructed between 1900 and 1924 by W. Grant & Sons Builders. It is a rectangular, two storey building, six rooms rooms wide by two rooms deep. The front shows six large window casements ...

Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem.

Opened in 1853, Burslem School of Art offered the opportunity for local talented people to study art at a high level. Art Deco pottery paintress Clarice Cliff attended evening classes here, as did many ...

Burslem Technical College Annexe, Moorland Road, Burslem

Burslem Technical College was constructed between 1878 and 1900 and was originally Stansfield Hospital. It comprises of seven buildings, blocks A to G. This photogragh shows the rear of blocks D and E. Block ...

Burton-upon-Trent - Grammar School: sepia drawing

Showing the front of the Grammar School, viewed from the church yard. Showing a Tudor house (founded 1520) of three gables. Artist: 'J. Buckler.'

Bus Station and Mining College, Cannock

The original Mining College was founded 1891. The 1920s building which replaced it was enlarged and opened in October 1929 by Viscount Chelmsford. It cost about £25,000 of which £18,000 was a grant from ...

Calton School group

A group of Calton School pupils and their teacher. Building work began on the village school in 1875, but it was not until 20 June 1881 that the first batch of sixteen children aged between 3 and 7 ...

Camden Place, Stafford

A coloured engraving of Camden Place on Wolverhampton Road. It was built for Richard Ford in the early nineteenth century and designed by George Gilbert Scott. At the time of this print the building ...

Campbell Road from Hanford Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph is looking northeast along Campbell Road away from the junction with Stone Road at Hanford Bridge. Where the photographer was standing is now part of the Hanchurch roundabout and flyover. ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Abbey Hulton

The north side of Carmountside Junipor High School. This was formerly Carmountside County Secondary School opened in 1938. The view is from Leek Road. The school occupied part of the site of the medieval ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Abbey Hulton

The Leek Road frontage of Carmountside Junior High School, now demolished. Originally Carmountside County Secondary school, opened in 1938, the school occupied part of the site of Hulton Abbey. The clock ...