Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 7 119 Records Found

Midland Red Bus in Stafford

A passenger is pictured boarding a Midland Red bus in Greengate Street, Stafford. Looking through the windscreen on the left there is a glimpse of the Superdrug store located on the corner of Tipping ...

Morris Dancers, Market Square, Stafford,

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

National Provincial Bank, Eccleshall,

The National Provincial Bank opened a daily agency at 17 High Street in 1922. In 1924 it became a branch office. The bank moved to this building in Stafford Street in 1959, and in 1970 the branch ...

National Provincial Bank, Eccleshall,

The National Provincial Bank opened a daily agency at 17 High Street in 1922 (pictured). In 1924 it became a branch office. The bank moved to Stafford Street in 1959, and in 1970 the branch moved ...

National Provincial Bank, Interior, Eccleshall,

The National Provincial Bank opened a daily agency at 17 High Street in 1922. In 1924 it became a branch office (pictured). The bank moved to Stafford Street in 1959, and in 1970 the branch moved ...

National Provincial Bank, Market Street, Tamworth

Built in 1864 as the Royal Bank to designs by John Gibson at number 8, Market Street, Tamworth, it later became the National and Provincial Bank and finally the National Westminster Bank before being ...

National Westminster Bank, Market Place, Rugeley

'Landor House' was built by one Erasmus Darwin, merchant, in 1649. Robert Landor made alterations in 1733 which included a new frontage. It was sold in 1808 by Robert's grandson, the poet Walter Savage ...

New Post Office, Leek Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Sited on the corner of Leek Road and Station Road in Stoke, this is the city's main letter and parcel sorting office. The New Post Office in Leek Road replaced the "new" Post Office, built 1930, in Station ...

No.1 Campbell Place, Stoke upon Trent

No.1 Campbell Place was The District Bank building on the corner of Hill Street and Campbell Place. The shops on Church Street can be seen to the right.In 1970 the District Bank was absorbed into the ...

Offices of Joules Brewery, Stone,

Offices of Joules Brewery in High Street. Francis Joule came into possession of the White House Inn and brewhouse at Stone in 1758. Nine years later he demolished the inn and built a house, which ...

Old Bank Building, Stafford,

One of the first banks to open outside London was Stevenson, Salt and Co. in 1737. The bank was situated on Market Square in what became known as the Old Bank building. In 1866 the bank became part ...

Park Holme, 108 High Street, Uttoxeter

Park Holme, offices of the Refuge Assurance Co. Ltd, next to St. Mary's Hall on High Street.

Pickmere's Wine Merchants and Insurance Brokers, Nantwich

Travers Pickmere's wine merchants and insurance brokers at 48 High Street, Nantwich, Cheshire. This image was formerly tentatively identified as being in Stone High Street.

Portable Bandstand, Unveiling of the War Memorial, Stone,

The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant of the County. He is seated at the front of the portable bandstand with the Chairman of the War Memorial Committee, ...

Proclamation of the Accession of George V, Stone

The proclamation is being read from the portable bandstand in Granville Square. The building in the background is the District Bank. The portable band stand seen here was the first of its kind and ...

Proclamation of the Accession of George V, Stone

The proclamation is being read from the portable bandstand in Granville Square. The building in the background is the District Bank.

Radford Street from Granville Square, Stone,

The war memorial to the soldiers from Stone, Meaford and Darlaston who died in the First World War was unveiled by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant of the County on 10 January 1921. The statue was designed ...

RAF Stafford 25 years of the Freedom of the Borough of Stafford

The Borough of Stafford conferred the Freedom of Entry into the Borough to RAF Stafford (16 MU) on 16 December 1954. To mark the 25th Anniversary of this honour there was a major parade through the town ...