Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Churchyards & Cemeteries
Page 5 of 19 340 Records Found

Church of the Resurrection, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior with a view of the Church of the Resurrection at Red Bank, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken ...

Churchyard Cottage, Seighford

John and Emily Worthington with a neighbour's child, pictured outside their home, Churchyard Cottage, Seighford.

Churchyard Cross, Adbaston

This cross stands in the churchyard of St. Michael's Church, Adbaston. The stepped stone base dates from the 15th century. The cross shaft and head are 20th century. A postcard view published by E.J. ...

Churchyard stocks, Tutbury

Lantern slide photographs of wooden stocks in St. Mary's churchyard, Tutbury. Copyright: Burton Library.

Churchyard, Hopwas

The pathway leading to the entrance of St Chad's Church, Hopwas. The trees have since been removed. The church was opened in 1881 on lands donated by the Rev. T. K. Levett of Packington Hall and Mr ...

Club Day, Cheswardine, Shropshire

Club Day procession at Cheswardine walking down the High Street away from St. Swithin's Church Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Colwich Church

Post card view of St. Michael and All Angels, Colwich. The current building was built on the site of an Anglo-Saxon church. The present church was built in the late fourteenth century, but was altered ...

Comber Ridge Burial Ground, Church Road, Kinver

The entrance to Comber Ridge Burial Ground on Church Road, Kinver. The Burial Ground and Garden of Remembrance was built on the site of a former gravel pit in 1980 so would have been quite new at the ...

Commonwealth War Cemetery, Cannock Chase

This postcard is incorrectly titled 'The German Cemetery'. It actually shows the Commonwealth War Cemetery at Broadhurst Green on Cannock Chase. This cemetery contains the graves of 24 British and 73 ...

Commonwealth War Cemetery, Cannock Chase

This colour-tinted postcard is incorrectly titled 'The German cemetery'. It actually shows the Commonwealth War Cemetery at Broadhurst Green on Cannock Chase. This cemetery contains the graves of 24 ...

Commonwealth War Graves Commission Cemetary, Broadhurst Green, Cannock Chase

The majority of the graves belong to Servicemen from both sides of the conflict who died within the Cannock Chase Camps. The majority of the men were either German Prisoners of War or New Zealanders and ...

Cotton Church

The Church of St. John the Baptist at Cotton is brick-built and dates from 1795.

Cross in Biddulph Churchyard: pen and ink drawing

Showing a pillar on a heavy base above three steps, with gnomen used for a sundial.'T. P. W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]

Cross in Cheddleton Churchyard

View of the Cross in the Churchyard of St Edward's Church in Cheddleton. The upper part is by George Gilbert Scott Junior, featuring Instruments of the Passion designed by William Morris prior to 1876. ...

Dean Street, Brewood

A postcard view of Dean Street in Brewood with a 'New Years Greeting' added to the picture. There is a similar message on the reverse. This view looks towards the top of Dean Street, near its junction ...

Dedication of the War Memorial, Eccleshall,

Dedication of the First World War memorial in the churchyard of Holy Trinity Church. The War Memorial Cross was unveiled by the Lord Lieutenant of the County (The Right Hon. The Earl of Dartmouth, ...

Denstone Church

Denstone church and churchyard. View of south side of church showing entrance porch and the nave windows. The well kept churchyard is being attended by a youth with a lawn mower. All Saints Church, ...

Denstone Church

All Saints Church, Denstone, was built in 1860-1862 for Sir Thomas Percival Haywood, a Manchester banker. It was designed by G.E. Street.