Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > School Children & Students
Page 46 of 47 831 Records Found

Weston Hall,

This seventeenth century hall is located half a mile west of Weston, on the lower slopes of Weston Bank. In the early twentieth century the house was sold to pay gambling debts and is now a restaurant....

Weston School

On the left is the Head Teacher Mr Mills (wearing a hat) and on the right is Teacher, Miss Farr with a group of pupils at Weston School, near Stafford.

Wharf Inn, Shebdon,

Ann Ethel was the licensee of the Wharf Inn.

Wheaton Aston School

Group of pupils with their headmaster standing outside St. Mary's School, Wheaton Aston. The school was founded in 1853.

Wheelwrights, Stone

Mr Ravenscroft was a wheelwright, blacksmith and coffin maker. He is pictured here at his workshop on Crown Street, and lived opposite in Forge House.

Whiston School group

The girl seated 3rd from the right in the 2nd row is Audrey Beardmore.

Whiston School group

Seated 3rd and 4th from the left in the front row are Bernard Beardmore and Robert Hitchins. The boy wearing spectacles in the back row is Brian Richardson. The teacher is Mrs Wilson.

White Lion Inn, Stafford,

The White Lion Inn was built on the site of the medieval St. John's Hospital and Chapel; the rear structure of the inn included stonework from the old chapel. The inn was demolished in 1976 to make ...

Winner of choir contest, Christ Church School, Stone

Pupils of Christ Church School in Stone, pictured after winning choir contest for best folk-song. This is the outcome of a reminiscence session in which Year 4 pupils from Christ Church First School ...

Winshill Playgroup, Burton-upon-Trent

Winshill Playgroup, based at Tower View Primary School, Vancouver Drive, Winshill, Burton-upon-Trent. This Image is from a collection of photographs of Burton upon Trent commissioned and assembled by ...

Wolstanton Church School class 5, Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Before the days of free state education many school were run by churches and charitable organisations who took it upon themselves to educate the lower classes who could not afford to pay for education. ...

Wolverhampton Road, Stafford,

Camden Place, the large building in the distance, was built for Richard Ford in the early nineteenth century. In the 1960s it was used as an annex to the College of Art, but was demolished in the 1970s ...

Woodall's Drapers Shop, Stafford,

Woodall's shop was at 55 Greengate Street. It closed in the 1970s.

Woodwork class, Dartmouth treet Secondary Modern Boys School, Stafford

The school opened in 1939 as Dartmouth Street Senior Boys School. In 1944 it became a Secondary Modern School for Boys, and was renamed Kingston Secondary Modern School in 1956. A further name change ...

Woodwork Class, Kitchener Institute, Stone

Granville Secondary Modern School's woodwork classroom was in the Kitchener Institute on the corner of Vistor Street and Berkeley Street. the building also housed the school's Domestic Science room. ...

Woodwork class, Knightley School

Woodwork class, students holding woodwork projects. Knightley School was built in 1874 and enlarged in 1894. In 1912 it had places for 125 children.

Woodwork room at Dartmouth Street Secondary Modern Boys School, Stafford

The school opened in 1939 as Dartmouth Street Senior Boys School. In 1944 it became a Secondary Modern School for Boys, and was renamed Kingston Secondary Modern School in 1956. A further name change ...

World Wildlife Award, Western Springs Primary School, Rugeley

Children at Western Springs Primary School are pictured here after having raised money for the World Wildlife Fund.