Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > School Children & Students
Page 45 of 47 836 Records Found

Village Stores, Hilderstone,

On the right, next to the delivery cart horse, is Matthew Henry (Harry) Meddings, age 30, grocer and baker. The woman in the doorway (front) is most likely Mary Ann Meddings, the small boy is possibly ...

Violin class, Christ Church School, Stone

Violin Class pictured in the playground of Christ Church School, Stone. Christ Church Schools opened on Northesk Street in 1887, after the old schools in the Radfords were condemned. The Headmaster, ...

Violin Class, Corporation Street Primary Boys School, Stafford

Photograph taken in the hall of Corporation Street Primary Boys School, Stafford, built in 1909. The school is now known as John Wheeldon Primary Academy (2017).

Visit to the Houses of Parliament, Walhouse Girls School, Cannock

Walhouse Senior Girls' School educational visit by train to the Houses of Parliament in 1951. Front row (left to right): Jean Parkes, Enid Steed, Ann Beech, Eunice Powell, Christine Bailey, Maureen ...

W.H. Bigham's Tailors and Outfitters, Stafford,

Bigham's on Gaol Square sold ladies and gentlemen's made-to-measure and 'off the peg' clothing. To the left of Bigham's is Bedson's Army and Navy stores, which later moved to Bridge Street.

Wade Memorial School, Kidsgrove

A Christmas Party at Wade Memorial School. Included in the photograph are, Mrs. Rigby, Mr Yates, Mrs Dobson, Mrs Yates, Miss Lakens, Mrs Hadley, Mrs Beech and Hazel Gidman.

Walhouse Boys School Christmas production, Cannock

The teachers pictured in New Hall are Mr E. Bowes, Mr Cantrel, Mr L. Bennett, and the headmaster Mr Wilf Cooper. Working left to right - (Children only) Front row: David Hampton, Wille Warsop, ...

Walhouse Girls School staff , Cannock

Walhouse Girls School staff pictured on the P.E. bench in the school yard. From left to right: Miss Kathleen Moore, Kath Cross (student), Miss Lena Pass (later Brewe, headmistress), Mrs Wilson (formerly ...

Walton Hall Special School, near Eccleshall

Walton Hall was opened into a Special School for Girls in 1948 It is now (2021) Walton Hall Academy. Here, four girls are pictured outside the Hall, which is an Italian style 19th-century country house ...

Walton Priory Middle School, Stone

Pupils are pictured during their school lessons inside Walton Priory Middle School. The School which opened during 1974 was the first purpose built middle school in Staffordshire. This photograph was ...

Walton Priory Middle School, Stone

Pupils are pictured busy at work during their school lessons inside Walton Priory Middle School. The School which opened during 1974 was the first purpose built middle school in Staffordshire. This ...

Walton Priory Middle School, Stone

Pupils are pictured listening to Mrs Emmerson, the School Librarian, inside Walton Priory Middle School. The School which opened during 1974 was the first purpose built middle school in Staffordshire. ...

Walton School, Walton on the Hill

Class photograph of Standard 4 at Walton School, Stafford. The school building stands on the corner of school Lane and Main Road, Walton on the Hill, and closed in 1988. The building is now (2012) a ...

Walton School, Walton on the Hill, Stafford

The school building stands on the corner of school Lane and Main Road, Walton on the Hill, and closed in 1988. The building is now (2012) a nursery school. William Longson, the Headteacher, is standing ...

War memorial unveiling, Uttoxeter

School boys standing outside the school hall in Bradley Street, Uttoxeter at the Unveiling of the Old Alleynians 1939-1945 War Memorial in 1948. This part of Bradley Street is now Back Lane but at that ...

Wedding of Edward Shemilt and Ethel Martin, Coton, Milwich

Wedding of Edward Shemilt and Ethel Martin. Ethel was the sister of Wilmot Martin, who was known locally as 'Staffordshire's Harry Lauder' because of his charity fund raising concerts, where he impersonated ...

Wedding of Eustace Knight and Nellie Davall, Gayton,

Wedding of John Fenton and Elizabeth Morris, Milwich,

Photograph taken outside The Manor, then known as The Grange.